Chevy Tri Five Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all I took my front and rear seats to the trim shop today and the trimmer pointed out that I was missing 2 trim pieces from my hardtop front split bench seat. the trim pieces attach to the centre of the backrests and cover the seams of the seat covers. I can not find these bits in any catalogue or what they are called.
Any help would be greatly appreciated
Ta Karl

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the reply chevman57 I will try to track some of these parts down:tu

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
These trim Panels go vertically on the sides of the seat but in the middle where the split in the seat is. The original seat covers appear to be open at this point and the trim covers that join. I am not 100% but I am led to believe it is a 1955 2DR peculiarity.

Cheers
Karl

·
Premium Member
5,795 Posts
Maybe I might learn something new here, but in all my years, I have never seen a "trim piece" that goes between the seats on an original 55, 6, or 7, 2dr. front bench seat. Just the outer upper and lower seat shells.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Thanks for the pics BamBam, unfortunately I don't think it is any of those pieces.
I took a look in a friends 55 passenger car shop manual and found what the pieces are called. A "finishing trim strip" Body section 1-39. I also took a photo of the side of my seat to show the seam they cover up . They appear to be a pressed metal piece about 2" wide.

Attachments

·
Registered
7,350 Posts
This thread made me curious, so I went out to the 55 to check. They are there, only they were covered with the upholstery. I can feel the trim piece and the screw heads under the vinyl. I just learned something new today too.

·
Registered
1955 210 SERIES, 406 DUAL QUAD ENGINE WITH MUNCIE 4 SPEED
4,453 Posts
My sedan front bench seat backs have a vertical trim piece on the inboard side of the seat backs. They are covered in the seat material

1 - 17 of 17 Posts