Chevy Tri Five Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,095 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The center duct on the Vintage Air evaporator is rectangular, probably 8" x 1.5". I'd like to split that into two separate ducts. Has anyone tried this and have any tips for making something that will work?

Thanks,
Jeff

·
Trifive Automotive Electrical Wiring Expert
26,974 Posts

·
Registered
38,701 Posts
You can buy a universal splitter from Vintage Air very cheap. I don't know if you can get PVC pipe in the right diameter to match hoses - 2-1/2" pipe is bigger than 2-1/2" outside diameter - plus it would be bulky.

·
Trifive Automotive Electrical Wiring Expert
26,974 Posts
Aren't most 4 ducts?
Bruce, good looking dash, hope mine turns out that nice. The left end of the Sure-fit evaporator unit has the under dash plenum with the 2 vents on it and only 2 A/C ports built onto it as seen in this picture....http://www.vintageair.com/cat2007/36.pdf The other 2 ports are heater/defrost. If you order the 4 vent unit, the left end of the evaporator has 4 ports instead of the under dash plenum.

I used fiberglass over a wooden mold to make a plenum for my in dash center vents.

·
Registered
1,095 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks for the ideas. I sent an email to VA asking if they sell a splitter for my kit. Still waiting....

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.