Chevy Tri Five Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
225 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What would cause my spray gun, HVLP,bought cheap at Advance auto parts, to skip. It will be working fine and then it just quits for a second and leaves me with a gap. This happens no matter where I have it set at. I cleaned this thing thoroughly and found nothing blocked or noticably wrong. This is just my learning to paint primer gun,but this gets really annoying. Any advice will be appreciated. Thanks, Joe :(

·
Registered
688 Posts
Most times it cuz you have to tighten the inner fluid tip then tighten the aircap,check all internals for bad o-rings or gaskets and make sure everything is tight, plus hvlp guns dont care much for any painting upside down

·
Registered
225 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Fixed that problem!!!

I cured the problem of the cheap gun !!! I found the reciept and brought the POS back. I then bought a Devilbiss gun. Gee it actually works like one should. No More problem.

·
Administrator
1,297 Posts
Blackie, you hit the nail on the head . 99% of the time that is it and 1% of the time its a cheap gun. :D Cruzr I hope you didnt buy a buch of lotto tickets the same day you got that gun :D . But you made a great choice second time around. Good luck and keep us posted.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts