Chevy Tri Five Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
170 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
There is a lot of useful info on here about spring pocket kits, but does any kit stand out from the rest as being easier to install?
What is your preferred source for purchasing one? I know most of you have only installed one (if any) but tell me about what you liked or disliked about the kit you bought.

Thanks in advance,
KK

·
Registered
1,960 Posts
Pocket Kit.

Hey Karl. I used this kit but you can get the same one on ebay for a little less. They're all a pain in the behind to install. If I had it to do over, unless I was going to do a mini-tub and stick some much bigger tires under the car I wouldn't go through the hassle of installing JUST the spring kit. I've got a couple pictures in my garage for you to see what it looks like installed. Eckler's has a good article on the installation procedure. :anim_25: JIM.http://www.performanceonline.com/19...-LEAF-SPRING-RELOCATION-BRACKET-KIT-RSPK5557/

·
Registered
36,113 Posts
No they aren't all the same. The Earle Williams kit is a bit better than some others (everything fits). But since you're fabricating anyway, maybe some won't mind doing a bit of extra cutting and fitting.

Earle also supplies kits to other sellers, but I know that some of those sellers change suppliers from time to time.

·
Registered
206 Posts
Spring Kit

If you have a machine shop buddy, I have a complete set of blue prints that you can build from. Otherwise it's probably cheaper to buy one. Dimensionally, there is little variance from one kit to the next - material quality and some fit issues. I built my own based on the drawings I have and it went together real well. I also did it with the body off, that made life much easier.

·
Registered
170 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks guys.
I've been looking at the Ecklers kit. Since their installation guide is the one everyone points to, then I figure the kit they offer should be good as well.
If anyone knows any different, pleas let me know.

Thanks again,
KK

·
Registered
903 Posts
JUST GOT ONE ON LINE FROM CPP CLASSIC PERFORMANCE PRODUCTS ON E BAY ON SALE $156.75 LAST MONTH HAVE NOT STARTED INSTALL DOING MINI TUB AT THIS TIME

·
Registered
170 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Hey Guy's,

I hate to bring this one back up but I'm down to pulling the frame from under the car and installing a spring kit.
Has anyone used the kit made by Oldedays? They are about $100 cheaper than Earl's and I don't see a whole lot of difference in the kits. (from the pics)
Unfortunately I don't have access to a machine shop any more, so the parts I buy need to be pretty much spot on.

Thank you,
Karl

·
Registered
5,023 Posts
Those look like the same as mine. I don't think you will have any problems with them. They are relatively simple to install.
Josh

1 - 12 of 12 Posts