Chevy Tri Five Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Administrator & Tech Articles
52,876 Posts
Just wondering if anyone had any pics of SS stripes on a trifive?
Not exactly sure what you mean by SS stripes :confused0024:

·
Administrator & Tech Articles
52,876 Posts
Well sorta', kinda' like this....Maybe with the cowl hood, it would look okay

·
Registered
4,141 Posts
IMO it doesn't look right with the tri-fives.:eek:

·
Registered
3,701 Posts

·
Registered
19,595 Posts
Never seen one that i recall. Can`t imagine them looking like they belong there either. JMO
Terry
:dito:What Terry said... Later, Dave

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I suppose it dont fit the era. I guess thats why I've never seen one. Just was wondering what it would look like.

7,080 Posts
I suppose it dont fit the era. I guess thats why I've never seen one. Just was wondering what it would look like.

Good question and couldn't agree more with your result. :shakehands: Lloyd

·
Registered
421 Posts
agree with the others just not period correct,although my buddy did a set for his car.now keep in mind his car had alot of rust issues,he was on somewhat of a budget,and just wanted something a little different,i didnt think it looked too bad,and hey he's driving it now instead of sitting in a barn somewhere.i'm sure i wouldn't ever put a set on my car,but i like the idea of the true flames looked cool even did the hood bird and valve covers,and hey if we all had the same taste all our cars would look the same.:wink:

Attachments

·
Registered
5,023 Posts
I saw one at the Somernites Cruise. If my memory is correct, it was white with black stripes. Looked weird.
Josh

·
Registered
71 Posts
Greg Brady had them on the 56 convertible portrayed as a jalopy he fixed up on a old Brady bunch episode back in the 70s
I also have an old 56 hood out in the garage that you can see the trace of a stripe down one side.
I saw one on a cowl hood of a silver 55 in the somerset pics,It didnt look too bad but no, I would never do it either.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts