Chevy Tri Five Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
309 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All,

This weekend I`m going to remove all the Stainless on my 57. Anyone know where to send it to to get polished and a few dings removed? I want to reuse the oem trim as much as possible. I`m on the east coast . Has anyone ever polished the " FINS " before? I want someone you guys trust as I don`t want any problems with the handling or missing concerns.What a GREAT site !!

Thanks ,
Mrfixit143

Just keep the faith..the end is closer day by day:D

·
Administrator
49,378 Posts
Someone will give you some insight on this today. I personally decided to tackle that chore myself. I don`t think i can afford to pay someone to do it considering they charge an average of 10.00 a foot from what i`ve seen.
Terry

·
Registered
277 Posts
I also do my own polishing, you have to have a "dedicated area" as it is not clean work. There is no secret to doing it just patiance and a little know how. All the polishing equipment can be found on the net. If all you have is little dings do it your self, if they have cracks or kinks leave it to a pro. For stainless buy atleast a 3/4 hp. motor a 1 hp. being better. For a real nice set up off the net you might have $500 - $700 invested, look around and be creative and get the motor, etc. for less. If you decide to send out your stainless there are places that will send you one done and use yours as cores for the next guy. I ship them wraped in paper inside PVC tubes with PVC caps to keep them nice and safe. Once you do one piece you will want to do them all. Top fin stainless has a plate under it that that the piece is bolted down with, it has to be taken out to fix any dents that are "innies"! DO NOT mix original with repo as the color in the stainless is diff. Lon

ps, the buffer motor and wheels are not a one purpose tool as i use them for alot of other things around the shop. You will be able to do aliminum, brass, plastic, making knives, etc...............

1 - 4 of 4 Posts