Chevy Tri Five Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have the side spears for the 57 delivery. Question is which is left and right.There's a peak to it with a skinny side and a wider side. skinny side up or down? Also have upper paint dividers, what kind of clips do these need to install? Congrats on 15,000 members. thanks

·
Registered
2,868 Posts
Mine go fat side up.

The paint dividers slip overtop of the fat side of the quarter spears. They get held on with a clip that has a stud in the center. The clip is wide enough to catch both edges of the stainless paint divider.

·
Registered
2,868 Posts
There is more diff between the trim models than I thought. I am sorry if I caused you any trouble.
Jim
Jim, for many years the long spears on my 150 Handyman Wagon were on the car backwards. My buddy Steve who painted the Wagon when he owned it couldn't recall how they went either and put them on like he thought they went. Steve was into Tri-5s before I could even drive. He owned many that I personally knew of the years we were friends. So the fact he forgot how a '57 150 spear goes should have not been any excuse on his part. But he did forget.

I think I owned the Wagon a year or more before I realized the spears were on wrong? Only cause I was looking at my windowed Delivery one day and noticed the difference.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts