Chevy Tri Five Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently purchased a 55 Convertible project to go with my 56 2DR Hardtop and 56 Nomad. The previous owner had a new floor pan installed but it did not include any of the brackets for installing the gas tank. I've found the brackets but I'm not sure of their placement. Any help would be greatly appreciated. I'd look at the 56 2DR but it has had some custom work done in that area so they're not there either. The previous owner also had new quarter panels installed but it was very poor workmanship and I'll need to get that fixed as well so if you can recommend someone in the NW Florida area that would be great.

Thanks

·
Registered
2,718 Posts
Put the tank up in there and you should be able to see where they go. Make sure the filler neck is positioned where it should be. Use the straps to locate the brackets.
I did that by putting the tank on a floor jack and raising it into position because I was working by myself.

Don

·
Premium Member
10,234 Posts
The one thing I would suggest is that just before you snug the tank down, hook up the fuel line to the pickup. Way easier because the tank can be moved around to get the line on without stressing the line. Once installed, then final tighten the straps.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Fuel Tank Install

Thanks for the responses and the pictures. Once I get the brackets I should have no problem spotting them in place. :gba:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts