Chevy Tri Five Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
472 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just a simple question.. Does anyone know the starter nuts' sizes (and thread types)so I could buy new ones? I mean the nuts under which the wires go to.
I seem to have lost the nuts of my starter and the starter is already in place and the exhaust manifold is in place etc.
I do have a big "random nuts & bolts" box but mainly everything I have in there is in mm size.

·
Registered
78 Posts
Hi
I think it is 3/8 UNC. You can buy a replacement solenoid cap parts kit. All the nuts should come in the kit.
Cheers

·
Registered
472 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Hi
I think it is 3/8 UNC. You can buy a replacement solenoid cap parts kit. All the nuts should come in the kit.
Cheers
Ok. I know there are kits but ordering/delivering takes a few weeks and there's a bolt shop nearby. Figured it would be easier to visit there.

·
Administrator & Tech Articles
51,705 Posts
Just a simple question.. Does anyone know the starter nuts' sizes (and thread types)so I could buy new ones? I mean the nuts under which the wires go to.
I seem to have lost the nuts of my starter and the starter is already in place and the exhaust manifold is in place etc.
I do have a big "random nuts & bolts" box but mainly everything I have in there is in mm size.
You referring to the one big nut or the two little ones?

·
Registered
472 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
You referring to the one big nut or the two little ones?
I was just about to clarify this :)
I mean all 3 of them.
So the big one is 3/8 UNC. Still looking for a size for the little ones.

·
Registered
37,246 Posts
I was wondering what you were talking about until the last post. For the electrical connections, right?

The two big nuts are 3/8-16, and the two little ones are 10-32.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts