Chevy Tri Five Forum banner
1 - 20 of 46 Posts

·
Registered
273 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I bought a 57 delivery from Fred(OldFart) here on tri-five a few month ago. Well It is time the start playing with it now that my wife 57 is almost finished( she is sewing up her upholstery). The delivery had a few rust issues so I decided to use my 57 4-dr that was being converted to a 2-dr to help out the build. I will be using the windsheild opening ,cowl,dash and floor from the 4-dr car. Also after the conversion is done I will finish the striaght axle conversion as I want it to be a straight axle car. So anyway me and my wife went to the shop this morning and while i was taking another 57 apart for paint. my wife got the "parts" car ready for me. Here are some start up pics.

Attachments

·
Registered
273 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I am getting a rear roof section with hinges ,etc from member classicchevy. The rear roof and upper jamb area is going to be delt with as soon as I make the main body structurally sound. Tim

68,758 Posts
thanks for pics and update, nice work. :tu...................very cool wife. :five:

·
Registered
19,595 Posts
WOW! Off to a good start... Thanks for the update... Later, Dave

·
Registered
273 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Here is a preview of what i been up to . I will post more pic soon as I get it fitted and welded up. I braced the shell up with what ever i could find around the shop to keep the costs down(it is mine so..), So it looks a bit crude but it worked. Tim

Attachments

·
Registered
273 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Hey!
Wher'ed that straight axel come from?:sign0020:
Looking better and better Tim.
Mike:bowtieb::)
The straight axle is from a 57 truck it was grafted on a few years ago. i want to redo it all with a transverce leaf spring and bones.

·
Premium Member
3,663 Posts
Tim,Its amazing how far along you are..You've already done things that I couldnt even imagine.:congrats:

·
Registered
623 Posts
Happy new year!!

Hi Tim from Horst the guy who sold you the rear bumper for your wifes car.

Big project. Doing a nice job.
I have a pair of 150 2 door rear quarter moldings if you still need them.
I dont have the short door ones, but they are easy to find.
Send me an email.

[email protected]

Regards

1 - 20 of 46 Posts