Chevy Tri Five Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey there all, I am putting together a 55, 2 door, 210 model and I am installing almost if not all of the "150" type items such as radio, heater, clock, and even ash tray delete plates. My question is, I would like to put stationary quarter windows in as well, and do not know the difference of how the glass mounts to the car. I understand there might be a solid rubber gasket around the glass, but are there any other brackets or??? I will need to make this happen. I looked through the assembly manual, and the shop manual as well, and did not see anything. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks, 210 Johnny

·
Registered
6,546 Posts
The 150 glass is mounted in the rubber. There's a 150 specific gasket for that application.

·
Registered
142 Posts
a body for the fixed quarter windows has a channel welded between the inner and outer quarter panel that the window actually sits on, then they're held in place by 4-5 L-shaped brackets with sheetmetal screws

·
Registered
417 Posts
I did the same thing on my Belair, converted it to a 150. The rear quarter windows I closed the lower channel by tacking a few pieces of metal at the bottom of the track. The factory used a solid pieces from end to end in the channel. I really didn't want to lose the capabilty to go back to a Belair
Good Luck
BobH

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Ok, I get it that it needs a different gasket, I am not sure about the "L" brackets though, where do these go exactly?

And BobH, here we meet again building our cars a lot a like! Any luck selling yours yet? I saw you had it for sale.

Will I need to get different quarter glass, or will the same glass work? I have a nice set o matching original glass and would like to keep it that way.

Thanks for all of the input guys!

·
Registered
18 Posts
Ok, I get it that it needs a different gasket, I am not sure about the "L" brackets though, where do these go exactly?

And BobH, here we meet again building our cars a lot a like! Any luck selling yours yet? I saw you had it for sale.

Will I need to get different quarter glass, or will the same glass work? I have a nice set o matching original glass and would like to keep it that way.

I'm located in Santa Rosa, and I'm going to convert my 210 2 door sedan quarter windows to fixed windows too, like you were talking about. How did your project work out (I'm assuming you've finished the window conversion by now)?
Craig Owens

·
Registered
18 Posts

I completed my quarter glass installation a couple of days ago. The filler strip and the little retainer brackets are all pretty self explanatory when you have the glass and the rubber in hand. You'll see what needs to happen there, but the part that fought me was getting the rubber to fit without puckering in the tight rear corners. I bought Steele brand rubber, because I thought it was supposed to be the best, and it cost about twice as much as the rubber offered by Danchuk. I wasn't able to get rid of the puckering in the back corners, so I was disappointed with that, but the job looks good otherwise.

·
Registered
204 Posts
fixed or stationary quarter glass L brackets

Does anyone know where I can buy some of these "L" shaped brackets for quarter glass??
I want to mount my stationary quarter glass, but cannot locate any.

Thanks

a body for the fixed quarter windows has a channel welded between the inner and outer quarter panel that the window actually sits on, then they're held in place by 4-5 L-shaped brackets with sheetmetal screws

1 - 10 of 10 Posts