Chevy Tri Five Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1956 Belair 2Dr Sdn
616 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does the Steam port going to the radiator have to be above the front steam port on the cylinder head or does it have to be at the very top of the radiator? I screwed up when i had the bung welded to the Radiator. I had the 6 cylinder support and was supposed to have the 8 cylinder support for the Griffin radiator....Of course Eckler's didnt tell me that...:mad: I will need to move that bung over to the right and down slightly. It will still be above the cylinder head steam port , but about 2 inches lower than the top of the radiator.

Thanks,
Keith R

Attachments

·
LS Tech and Moderator
10,891 Posts
Its fine if its lower than the heads or rad inlet. The line has coolant water “pressure“ running through it same as the engine outlet. It does push “stream” through it, its more if a vent for air pockets in top of head. Don’t worry about it to much.

·
Registered
1956 Belair 2Dr Sdn
616 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Its fine if its lower than the heads or rad inlet. The line has coolant water “pressure“ running through it same as the engine outlet. It does push “stream” through it, its more if a vent for air pockets in top of head. Don’t worry about it to much.
Thanks for the Quick Reply BO185!!!

·
Premium Member
676 Posts
... I had the 6 cylinder support and was supposed to have the 8 cylinder support for the Griffin radiator....Of course Eckler's didnt tell me that...:mad:...
LOL! Based on past experience, Ecklers isn't going to tell a buyer Anything that might queer the sale.

"Experience is how many mistakes we've made that we've actually learned something from."

1 - 4 of 4 Posts