Chevy Tri Five Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I figured I would take my column out and give it a once over, previous owner had welded u joint to bottom of shaft so I knew I would be addressing that. Well, the entire column is pretty much shot, bearings bad, turn signal assembly broken, cracks in housing, center shaft worn along with the weld job. I priced out parts to fix and it's looking like I could buy a new one and be in the same ballpark moneywise. I had wanted to just find a paintable, NO tilt, floor shift column. After researching, it looks like a tilt column is my only choice if I go with a new one? What do you guys have in yours? Would a tilt column look out of place in a straight axle car? Give me some opinions please.

·
Registered
2,987 Posts
i hope it won't look out of place in an axle car, i'm putting a paintable floor shift tilt in mine. Of course i'm building the car so me and my wife can drive it.

·
Premium Member
3,518 Posts
i hope it won't look out of place in an axle car, i'm putting a paintable floor shift tilt in mine. Of course i'm building the car so me and my wife can drive it.
Put the tilt in then if anyone finds fault w/it just tell em you had to use a tilt to keep the little woman/Girlfriend happy.
Then every man will understand why you did it.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,077 Posts
No problem on the tilt... I'm trying to see if I can put an old Rivi tilt and wheel in mine. Like the look, and the side bennies...:D Especially if it is a driver. If it's a hard core racer, use a Speedway kit (or similar).

Later,

Mike

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.