Chevy Tri Five Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,327 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am about to put factory power brakes in my 2drhtp. and it just dawned on me how am I going to put the floor seal on. Any one ever done it if so can you let me know how you dit it.
Thanks
Mike

·
Administrator
49,953 Posts
Mike the floor seal is supposed to be installed before putting the steering column together since it slides down the shaft. I guess if worse come to being you could split the seal at the top or bottom to install it without taking the steering column apart.
Terry

·
Registered
2,794 Posts
Terry's right. Slit it at the top, once the plastic fasteners are installed all around the outside of the seal, it really won't show. Don't forget to slip one of the legs of the lever/link/pedal assembly though the slot in the seal before bolting the leg to the firewall.

·
Premium Member
1,327 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks Guys
I kinda figured thats the way I would have to do it. It has gotten to be a habit with me though that before I start any project on my car I always ask here first because you guys have saved me a lot of headaches over the years.

Thanks Fellas
Mike

·
Premium Member
1957 Chevy Bel Air Convertible; ZZ4 w HEI ign; 700r4; 9" rear w/3:50 gears; pwr disc fr w drum rear
1,996 Posts
That's how I put mine on (cut slit) and then after it was on, I put three "stitches" to close up the slit with small black electrical ties. It helped pull the seal down nice and tight. The rubber is real thick, so its holding well. I just used an X-acto knife to pre punch the holes I would guide my plastic stiches through.

Ace

1 - 5 of 5 Posts