Chevy Tri Five Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Looking for a lower steering spring that connects at the lower bracket. Any ideas?

·
Premium Member
5,521 Posts
????? :confused0006: :confused0024:

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
a pic

no 2 in the box. spring sits right in front of the aft facing bracket. Diagram Technical drawing Auto part Vehicle Drawing

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 · (Edited)
"56 Cameo. I had to cut down the picture for size restrictions. it is for the shift rod. sorry not a steering component.

·
Premium Member
16,025 Posts
I'm pretty sure that spring is not available repro anywhere so you will have to find a good used one or make something work.
Is it a standard or automatic trans?

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 · (Edited)
thanks, I figured not repop but maybe used in another area on some other car.
cant find it on some interchange sites and don't have a Hollander guide.
its automatic.

·
Premium Member
16,025 Posts
thanks, I figured not repop but maybe used in another area on some other car.
cant find it on some interchange sites and don't have a Hollander guide.
its automatic.
It don't show in a Hollander either since it is considered part of the column. You will need to find someone willing to take it iff a column and the factory auto columns are not very easy to come by. It is not the same as a stick column, I just looked at my parts truck to verify. :anim_25:

·
Registered
2,780 Posts
What is the part number of that spring? I can't quite read it. I can compare the # in my parts books and see if it's the same as early 50s Chevy cars, a lot of the car column shift parts are the same as truck. This info can widen your search.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I found a spring on ebay. Paid too much im sure but it fits right and seems to have the correct tension. next issue is I have a powerglide shift rod that is about 3" too long with a hydomatic shift detent linking to a turbo 400 transmission. wondering if anyone has seen another shift rod, has the end flattened on two sides to receive the neutral switch at the end.
I want to find a second rod before I cut the one I have down. any ideas?

·
Administrator & Tech Articles
51,903 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
1 - 13 of 13 Posts