Chevy Tri Five Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
941 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anybody had good luck with the aftermarket 15 inch original style steering wheels? I've heard good and bad, so I'm trying to decide if I should invest in one or not.

·
Registered
5,590 Posts
I have one of the 15" classic wheels in my BelAir and its great quality. most people cant tell its not original with the BelAir center cap on it:)

·
Registered
6,555 Posts
Last 2 I saw looked like they were painted w/ a broom, the spline didn't come close to fitting a stock steer shaft, and the horn ring hit the wheel.......So much for a $300 investment. Mine stays w/ a stock wheel.
Also, try a search.. Seems this is discussed frequently.

·
Registered
941 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks to all, I know that H&H Classic Chevy quit handling them because of quality control issues. But this is the first I heard about problems with the spline. I was planning on looking at one in person at a swap meet before I bought one instead of doing it online and taking my chances that way.

·
Registered
1,594 Posts
If you keep in mind the chrome finish is "driver" quality and the color finish is not intended to be a "final" finish, you won't be disappointed. They work just fine on stock, ididit and Flaming River columns.

I'll be installing one in my car after having one repainted and rechromed. Can't pass up that original look in a 15" size.

Charlie

1 - 8 of 8 Posts