Administrator
1957 Bel Air sport sedan
10,451 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Registered
37,986 Posts
It may.

The Autometer one definitely fits - looks like it grew there - and its operation is top notch. Autometer gauges will also fit the small gauge pods in a 57.

·
Administrator
1957 Bel Air sport sedan
10,451 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Well, I am looking one that is more period correct on the face. The Autometer ones are a little too modern looking for me.

·
Registered
1,373 Posts
It may.

The Autometer one definitely fits - looks like it grew there - and its operation is top notch. Autometer gauges will also fit the small gauge pods in a 57.
Rick, do you have some pics that I could see? Thinking about doing the same on ours. Thanks in advance.

Jay

·
Registered
4,141 Posts
Well, I am looking one that is more period correct on the face. The Autometer ones are a little too modern looking for me.
I was looking at the Autometer speedometers on Summit and they have some styles that look "vintage"

I'd like to replace my gauges someday too so I'm curious what you come up with.

·
Registered
37,986 Posts
gidaver, try a search from a few weeks ago where Otis posted this same question. I linked to some photos, and I think some others posted some too.

It's uncanny how nice the Autometer speedo looks in the 57 instrument panel - if you like the style of the Autometer - and a lot of guys do - even if Riggs had something else in mind.

·
Administrator
1957 Bel Air sport sedan
10,451 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
To me, the new Autometer gauges look a little too modern with the interior I am planning. If I were doing buckets seats, console, and other modern upgrades I would certainly go with the Autometer gauges. But I want my interior to look like the 50's/60's. Same reason guys buy the original Sun tachs. There are newer/better tachs out there, but they still want the older look.

·
Registered
1,133 Posts
Theres a shop near me but is know nation wide called Bobs Speedometer...they can do what ever you like...if you are rich, lol.

http://www.bobsspeedometer.com/1/120/index.asp
Gustago,
I sent Bob's an email for a "ballpark" estimate on my '57 gauges. $400-$450 + shipping for all 3. I don't think that's too bad of a price. I will probably go that route as I do like the look of the stock gauges.
Nice guys there too!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts