Chevy Tri Five Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I changed over to front disc brakes, bled the master, power bled 8 psi, starting with left rear, right rear, right front, left front. Bled each wheel about 8-9 times. Even after this I keep getting inital bubbles After putting the master cyl. cover on for the night I pumped the brake pedal maybe 2 inch from floor but not rock hard and thats all I get.
Could I have a bad master? I am loosing my hair on this one.

·
Registered
2,481 Posts
A quick few things to check...make sure your rod from the booster to the M/C is long enough or not too long. Make sure your rod from your pedal to the M/C is long enough or not too long. Tap on the side of the calipers with a plastic mallet when you are bleeding to dislodge and air.

·
Premium Member
7,740 Posts
I changed over to front disc brakes, bled the master, power bled 8 psi, starting with left rear, right rear, right front, left front. Bled each wheel about 8-9 times. Even after this I keep getting inital bubbles After putting the master cyl. cover on for the night I pumped the brake pedal maybe 2 inch from floor but not rock hard and thats all I get.
Could I have a bad master? I am loosing my hair on this one.
Could be a bad mater cyl., but usually the brakes will pump up, and then bleed of with your foot still holding pressure on the brake pedal as fluid seeps bye the O rings or rubber cups.

I also had a hard time getting my brakes to finally pump up when i switched over to disc brakes also.

Maybe a stupid question, but did you bench bleed the master before you installed it? I know you stated you bled it already, just making sure you did it the correct way....:anim_25:

Rick

·
Registered
1,082 Posts
A little trick we used at the garage while trouble shooting /trying to eliminate master cyl... Take 3 pairs of vice grips, preferably needle nose type and clamp off brake hoses. Don't clamp hard enough to damage but enough to stop flow.Step on peddle and hold ( peddle should be high ) If peddle is low adjust push rod to eliminate some free play. should have about 1/2 inch to 1 inch free play.. If it slowly goes down master is bad or needs to be bench blead again. If stays hard ,you probably have some air in system someplace other than master.or shoes are not adjusted up enough. Your proportion valve may need centering. I once had a new valve that was bad and stuck half way to one side...did you get a good flow of fluid from all wheels???

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.