Chevy Tri Five Forum banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Premium Member
13,579 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just blew out my garage with the leaf blower for the second time this month. The dang spiderwebs were everywhere again. My 56 had them hanging from every possible place. I hardly ever see them, but every day their evidence is all over the place.

Does anyone from other parts of the planet have the same problem I'm having??

·
Registered
6,144 Posts
Thats why I live in VA...we dont have many big spiders or web problems.
I HATE SPIDERS!!! Before we moved into our new house, I used 20 boxes of 50 yr caulk between the stud plates in every part of the house so bugs couldnt get in. As a result, we've seen only 3/4 spiders in 16 yrs. I cant stand those critters! When we were in the Bahamas - I saw a tarantula crawling on a British guy's arm at dinner in an outdoor restaurant...he screamed and the waiter dispatched the huge spider in a glass over the railing. The next morning, a woman and her husband sat down beside us for breakfast and said there was a tarantula in her room 2am and they had to call the house staff to get rid of it. They never went back to sleep. I told them it was the same one the waiter threw over the railing last night. Horrified they checked out. My daughter had spider traps by her front door in her house in Charlotte NC...we stayed at hotels ever since.

·
Registered
8,875 Posts
Yep the spider invade my sail boat at marina Eastern North Carolina. We get them at home also but not that bad. This year it been wet and the ants have invaded the house.

·
Registered
6,144 Posts
Spiders invading a sail boat??? Is there no safe place...I thought boats would be safe for bugs out on the water. They must walk across the mooring ropes....egads! I wouldnt be surprised if bugs are in the space shuttle.

·
Registered
67,707 Posts
we got plenty of spiders and snakes down here johnnny. :bath:

·
Registered
124 Posts
They seem to be worse this year. Bug bombed the garage 3 weeks ago and I did see some dead spiders after. Looks like it worked for now.

·
Premium Member
13,579 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
They seem to be worse this year. Bug bombed the garage 3 weeks ago and I did see some dead spiders after. Looks like it worked for now.
That's what I was thinking. I've had spiders before but NOT like this year. Besides the ones that build the regular 'spiderweb', I got these ones that construct webs in all the cracks and joints in my garage floor. When I blew them out there were handfulls of them!

·
Premium Member
906 Posts
every sept. we have a bug killer here in town spray around the house& my other gar. mainly for the boxelder's & asian beetles. needless to say no webs & very seldom see a spider, but seen more ants.

·
Premium Member
50,811 Posts
Try this: close up your garage and crank up your tri-5 and let it run 5 or 10 minutes (with you outside). Then let the garage set for a while, then let it air out. I do this around once a month. No rats, bugs, wasps, spiders, etc. Works for me......:flag6:
:gba:
bowtie-trifive

·
Registered
19,595 Posts
Only good spider is a dead spider... Later, Dave

·
Registered
157 Posts
wasps

I suggest letting the dirt dobbers alone.If you look in their nests they have spiders in them..So when their young are born they dine on spiders!! Your choice .spiders that will probably kill you or friendly wasps!!

·
Administrator
66,105 Posts
We get huntsmen they are like giant fast moving missiles when spooked, the only good thing is that they are not venomous

·
Registered
6,144 Posts
MY SENTIMENTS EXACTLY DAVE...KILL EM ALL!!!
ANGELO - IAM NEVER COMING TO VISIT YOU ...SORRY!

·
Registered
1,082 Posts
Try this: close up your garage and crank up your tri-5 and let it run 5 or 10 minutes (with you outside). Then let the garage set for a while, then let it air out. I do this around once a month. No rats, bugs, wasps, spiders, etc. Works for me......:flag6:
bowtie-trifive
Is your car a smoker ??? Also fire up the 2 stroke weed wacker and turn up the idle and let that run also.
My neighbor has a couple of turkeys running around and he says he never sees spiders, ticks, ants or any other bug. they eat them all...

·
Premium Member
50,811 Posts
Turkeys not allowed in our neighborhood (except for the one that lives across the street).....55 is non smoker and I am too....
Cowboy :flag6:
bowtie-trifive

·
Registered
1,323 Posts
Most of us cant do this, but chiropractor has a big spread in Chesapeake and he raises among other things, Chickens. After they become much less efficient at egg production, he allows them to free range all over the property. BUG Population he says is almost Nill. ..... And Im gonna have to try that leaving the car running thing later on. Its got me wondering if it will work

·
Registered
1,024 Posts
I have a surplus of black widows in the barn and garage. In the fall they can get really bad, they scurry away if you turn the light on so ill go out with a flashlight at night and look for them. Easy to kill with about any kind of bug spray.:tu

·
Registered
12,124 Posts
I have the same problem but that all comes down to my fault. I allow the spiders time inhabit my classics long before the garage door gets opened again :sign0020: Maybe I need to post a message stating that I need to "raise the rent" on the front door to see if that deters the little critters.

On another note though, no one wants to go in the garage with that many creepy crawlies getting around. :sign0020::sign0020:

1 - 20 of 23 Posts