I like the opinions expressed here I would suggest an Edelbrock Performer Airgap intake and maybe a 425 HP 427 Cam. Esapecially a 3310-1 carb the 4150 style.There's some solid advice from these guys for you here. Here's mine...
1. The newer Edelbrock oval port heads flow just as well as the old iron rect ports do, without the low end loss.
2. Running a single plane intake on the street is tough. It CAN be done but works best on cars with really deep gears or really big inch motors, or both.
3. The cam......well, I'll leave that one alone except to say that there are much better choices.
4. The 850 will work if you really want it. You could run a 1250 Dominator on the street if you operate it right, but stomp it at 30mph and watch it stumble. A Holley 3310 750 will do the motor right though.
5. The pistons are a good choice, with reasonable compression.
Not putting down your dream choices, just providing some advice based on experience with bad choices I've made before and learned from. At first I thought you wanted a sorta mild motor, but after looking through your choices it became apparent that you want a real hotrod motor with some balls. Carefully pick out your parts and you'll have a real screamer.
Do your research on cams though, it'll pay off in the end.
Rico, I have read all the posts and there are a lot of very knowledgeable people on this forum. You have a lot of advise. I would like to recommend to you that you contact Tom Miller at 559-627-6135. Tom has built many BB Chevy motors. He has helped me with mine and I believe if you want some good honest advise as to what to purchase for your motor you would be under wise counsel to talk to him before making any final decisions. If you buy from Tom he will be able to give you the proper parts for the style of driving you plan to do and will guide you through the process. He is a good man with a lot of integrity and you will be very glad you talked to him. I hope you will take the time to contact him. He is in Visalia, CA, just up the road from you about 3.5 hours. If you want to talk further please contact me at my email address, [email protected]Thx for all the help
This is my list:
aluminum pro comp heads
holly 850 double pumper
edelbrock victor jr intake
edelbrock water pump
Comp Bbc Chevy 396-454 Big Mutha Thumpr Thumper Camshaft Cam Lifters Timing Set
BBC DOUBLE ROLLER PROGEAR CHEVY TIMING CHAIN SET
Sealed Power L2465F - Speed-Pro Powerforged BB-Chevy Pistons
ALL ALUMINUM RADIATOR 55 56 57 CHEVY BEL AIR 3 ROW 10" ELECTRIC FANS INCLUDED
Am I on the right track also what the best place to purche from