Chevy Tri Five Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a completly stock 57 2dr 210 model with a 235 and power glide.I wonder what you guys think about putting a 350 in it.Would it decrease the value or increase it.Thanks Danny

Attachments

·
Registered
6,486 Posts
Danny if it is a "completely original" down to every nut and bolt, original interior in perfect cond. and low low mileage putting in another engine will probably decrease the value.
If it is not then the 350 might increase the value. It will definitely increase the fun factor a lot.
Jim

·
Registered
2,485 Posts
Danny... Are you looking to resale the car?? Or are you looking to drive her and enjoy her?

If she is ALL original and you are looking to resale her... then keep her original.

But... if you want to drive her and have some real fun...... UPGRADE :happy0030: JMO

But do whats going to make you happy !!

68,758 Posts
its only original once. its yours, so do what will make you happy. just enjoy it and the heck with value. :stupido2:

·
Registered
19,595 Posts
Danny... Are you looking to resale the car?? Or are you looking to drive her and enjoy her?

If she is ALL original and you are looking to resale her... then keep her original.

But... if you want to drive her and have some real fun...... UPGRADE :happy0030: JMO

But do whats going to make you happy !!
:dito:Yup what Rudy said... Later, Dave

·
Registered
4,760 Posts
Go for the eight! I can't tell you how many 235's I junked. Not that they are bad engines. They weigh more than the 8 does. I couldn't sell them for anything. Jim

·
Registered
12,123 Posts
Hi Danny, depends if your 57 is totally stock. But if you are happy with the old six still in her then leave it in. Otherwise put the 6 aside and drop in the 350 because at the end of the day it is your car and you have to have it to your liking. You will certainly enjoy cruising in her with the car the way you want it-not the way everyone else would have it.

·
Administrator
67,963 Posts
My 2c leave it stock, it starts with a 350 then it snowballs you have to think about gear box , brakes maybe diff etc etc

·
Registered
208 Posts
I had same situation. 235, 3 on the tree.
Drove the car home from Wilmington NC to Marion NC.
Drove it twice more.
Just got the 383 and muncie in last night and getting
ready to cut the floor.
Put the motor and tranny on craigs list and sold within
one week with about 30 people in line if he didn't buy.
He gave me what I asked, and didn't even try to haggle.

Your car called me last night and told me to tell you to give
it the 350 and not to worry about it. So go ahead and don't
think twice.

·
Registered
1,621 Posts
Since you even thought of it you must want it! I say just do it! I did and I am real happy. Took a 58,000 original mile AACA Senior National 1st Place car and put original 2x4's and a 5 speed TKO 600 in it. Plus lowered it 4" front and 2" in the rear. Plus disc brakes, 3.70 gears and some other hidden mods. My one rule is no cutting or welding except for the floorshift hole. And save and bag all the original parts. Much more fun to drive now! No one cares if it is original unless it is a high HP original engine car. Modded cars bring more.

·
Registered
3,138 Posts
store the six and parts and put in what thrills you. No cutting though.

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Thanks for the input,i will have to find me a good 327 or 350 along with a 350 or 400 trans to put in the 57.I will keep the 235 and powerglide just in case it would be needed in the future.

·
Registered
2,868 Posts
My 2c leave it stock, it starts with a 350 then it snowballs you have to think about gear box , brakes maybe diff etc etc
And ends with the body off the frame. :happy0009:

·
Registered
1,621 Posts
RJ makes a really good and important point! Do not let this project snowball!

1 - 20 of 20 Posts