Chevy Tri Five Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
943 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok so im not rich .what is the best bang for the buck using my stock frame .im looking for kits to upgrade front/rear/rear end i will be using a 502 big block/4 speed . i dont know much about this thats why i need help.key words/budget/performance/ complete kits. thanks rusty pics would be nice all i can find is this and im not sure about the rearend

http://www.heidts.com/triangular_4link.html

·
Administrator
48,735 Posts
Rusty i`m not rich either. For that reason i stayed with the stock A-arms and used the graphite impregnated polyurethane bushings. I also added front and rear sway bar and disc brakes. And have KYB shocks on it. I am running the stock steering at the moment. It rides and drives very good.
Terry

·
Registered
66,304 Posts
front and rear sway bars, monroe shocks. 55 rides like a dream. :party0031:

·
Registered
943 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
thanks terry carl and randy i guess i kinda want to go with the wow factor on this 57 with out buying someones resto frame. r66ss what kind of rear end are you using with that beast/496

·
Registered
7,275 Posts
I have ft & rr sway bars on my mini tubbed 55 with 500 steering. I have a disk conversion that uses stock spindles and like it that way. A Dana 60 takes what ever my BBC can put out.

·
Registered
943 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I have ft & rr sway bars on my mini tubbed 55 with 500 steering. I have a disk conversion that uses stock spindles and like it that way. A Dana 60 takes what ever my BBC can put out.
thanks usa im either thinking dana or 9 inch f%#& i guess i am over thinking the suspention it sounds like sway bars/disc breaks is the way to go

·
Registered
2,485 Posts
Rusty i`m not rich either. For that reason i stayed with the stock A-arms and used the graphite impregnated polyurethane bushings. I also added front and rear sway bar and disc brakes. And have KYB shocks on it. I am running the stock steering at the moment. It rides and drives very good.
Terry
Rusty i`m not rich either.
Pretty much the same as Terry. But I have Monroe Sensa-Trac shocks. Still need to install rear swaybar... :confused0006: maybe the wife will buy me one for Christmas... along with other parts........

·
Registered
192 Posts
up front 2" spindles
1" drop coil
sway bar.

rear 3" lowering block
sway bar
cal tracs

bilsteins all around. car drives handles great

·
Registered
554 Posts
Rusty,

Well people are probably getting tired of my pics by now, but I'll post some up for you. I decided to go all Heidt's on our 55, including the 4-link you posted the link to in your original post. So I thought I would chime in. Like you we aren't rich or anything, lot's of hard work is what made it happen. I'm not sure how much you want to put into it. All in all we have about $8000 into the suspension, and brakes. I love everything about the suspension. I run the coilovers on full soft on ours. It's nice and smooth over the bumps, yet nice and flat in the corners. Best of both worlds if you ask me. I have no regrets about going with the Heidt's setup at all...

·
Premium Member
1,798 Posts
Nope!! - -

Fifty-Five, We never tire of seeing your beautiful pictures! :)

1 - 12 of 12 Posts