Chevy Tri Five Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,154 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Basically, I am going to be making my own pump-to-carb fuel line so I can incorporate my super-cool glass bowl fuel filter I just got. I also want to eliminate the rubber fuel line I am running now.

Since I always have the worst time when it comes to finding brass fittings at local auto parts stores, I was wondering if anyone out there knew what size flare fitting the stock fuel pump required. (Size and the thread count) I ask because taking the fuel pump off to take with me is kind of a pain and it would be helpful to know exactly what I was looking for before I began my frustrating search.

In case my terminology is wrong, I am looking specifically for the fitting I would use to connect a metal fuel line directly to the fuel pump outlet. I never know if I am using the right words. :confused0006: I think its called an inverted flare fitting, but perhaps the experts here can shed some light for a fitting-newbie. :D

Also, the engine is a 283 with a stock '56 Chevy fuel pump on it, and it has a Quadrajet on the engine now. Until I find a good WCFB that is. :D

·
Administrator & Tech Articles
52,805 Posts
Brian....I can't remember the size, because I have a box full of brass fittings I use for such occasions.....One thing you can do is take the fuel pump off and go the the store with it, if you don't get a definitive answer.

·
Registered
605 Posts
If your pump is a stock pump with the "screws" that hold the top to the bottom half then the size of the out flow fitting is 1/8 npt. If it is an aftermarket pump then you are better off taking the pump with you to the hardware store.

Good luck

Dave

1 - 4 of 4 Posts