Chevy Tri Five Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Okay I just received a beautiful oil bath air cleaner which i purchased off of ebay today. It looks so good that I do not want to modify it but I need it to fit my Holley four barrel. The carb opening for the 56 air cleaner is smaller than my Holley mount area. All that said, I am looking for suggestions as how others may have addressed this issue. I have a very nice looking 327 that for all intents and purposes looks like a stock 265 to the untrained eye. I am going for the stock look but prefer to run a modern Holley. I know I can make some sort of adapter and I could easily cut out the existing opening of the air cleaner to fit but I just cannot bring myself to cut on it.

thanks for any suggestions!

·
Administrator
67,370 Posts
You can modify the air cleaner without too many hassles providing its like the 57 cleaner where you can separate the top from the bottom.
If you can you will only be able to use the top half, get your self a standard base like this one below.

The only mod you need to do is to reduce the diameter of the base to suit the top half of the 56 air cleaner. The base will fit straight onto the Holley carby.

Attachments

·
Administrator & Tech Articles
52,262 Posts

·
Registered
3,127 Posts
Okay I just received a beautiful oil bath air cleaner which i purchased off of ebay today. It looks so good that I do not want to modify it but I need it to fit my Holley four barrel. The carb opening for the 56 air cleaner is smaller than my Holley mount area. All that said, I am looking for suggestions as how others may have addressed this issue. I have a very nice looking 327 that for all intents and purposes looks like a stock 265 to the untrained eye. I am going for the stock look but prefer to run a modern Holley. I know I can make some sort of adapter and I could easily cut out the existing opening of the air cleaner to fit but I just cannot bring myself to cut on it.

thanks for any suggestions!
There's a fellow on the Facebook Trifive Chevy Addiction group who modified one to work with a centrifugal supercharger. It looks awesome. Might join and post to that group to look for that guy...one of the nicest modifications I've ever seen! If you didn't know better, you'd think it were a stock engine bay (even with the supercharger...it's that well done!).

Edit: Here ya go: https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?...xijBMejT_KFPz2wNgFS2jiycpyjaspQwRc1zBoM&ifg=1

The fella's name is Ryan Taylor.

Attachments

1 - 5 of 5 Posts