Chevy Tri Five Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
312 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What are the good & bad about stock rubber or super duper urethane bushings when rebuilding a stock 55 front end. I want the best ride & handling etc. Any thoughts ?
DONZIE

·
Senior Member 4 Gold Stars
4,460 Posts
I used original rubber bushings. Some guys have said the urethane bushings are bad about squeaking and give you more road vibration. I can't say as I used rubber. I could see it if you were drag racing most of the time. The bushings get a lot of abuse there.

·
Administrator
49,639 Posts
Donzie i wish i could answer your question. I installed the graphite impregnated polyurethane bushings on mine but haven`t got it running and back on the road yet. I used them to eliminate some of the body roll myself. Used them for the a-frame bushings too.
Terry

·
Registered
277 Posts
For as little as these type cars are driven nothin wrong stock type bushings. Want the best ride and handling you go with grafite impregnated urethane bushings and never do it again. Lon

·
Registered
653 Posts
ive put the poly graphic bushings in my camaro it stiffened the ride alot , you feel the road bumps pretty good and the bushings do squeek, personly im going to use the rubber ones, im looking for a better ride then the performance aspect. in my 56, but its just my thought.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts