Chevy Tri Five Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,607 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Sorry Guys, I'm having a brain fade.... I took all the front suspension apart to clean and paint, now getting ready to reassemble.... Are the stock spindles side specific or are then both exactly the same.... I don't remember seeing any markings on them, but thought i'd check before I get the whole thing back together.

Thanks,

Gil

·
Trifive Automotive Electrical Wiring Expert
27,084 Posts
Both sides are the same, usually with a casting # of 3607555. The assembly manual shows different part numbers for the left and right, but that is the assembly with the steering arms attached.
UNLESS you have dropped spindles with the caliper brackets cast on to them. :)

·
Registered
1,607 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I see the different part numbers in the manual, so is there supposed to be a casting number that identifies the part that I'm just missing.

Gil

·
Administrator & Tech Articles
52,865 Posts

·
Registered
1,607 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Perfect, thanks guys thats just what I needed, I just got all new bolts today, so tonight I think I can get it all back together.
:tu

Gil

·
Registered
2,231 Posts
Earlier this year I converted my 55 from dropped to stock spindles. I had 4 spindles to choose from and I can tell you they were functionally all the same, with slight forging (casting?) variations.

·
Registered
1 Posts
'55 stock spindles

Hi folks,

New user here. I have a 1955 210 sedan that I am restoring.

The previous owner had installed 2" drop spindles. I am in the process of restoring the car to its stock height. Does anyone know where I can obtain stock spindles for a '55?

Anywhere in Los Angeles?

Cheers

Dave

·
Trifive Automotive Electrical Wiring Expert
27,084 Posts
Hi folks,

New user here. I have a 1955 210 sedan that I am restoring.

The previous owner had installed 2" drop spindles. I am in the process of restoring the car to its stock height. Does anyone know where I can obtain stock spindles for a '55?
Dave
Welcome to TRI-FIVE, Dave!!!
I have a restored set of stock spindles, backing plates, hubs, and turned brake drums, with new ball bearings/races, brake shoes, and wheel cylinders. You can have for less than the price of the new parts plus shipping. If your interested, I'll figure up a price. Everything has ben sandblasted and painted.

Update, the spindles are off of a 57 and they will fit and work fine on a 55, but are not completely original to a 55, so if you are going for a completely stock 1000 points original car, the spindles are slightly different. I think the backing plate holes are the only difference.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts