Chevy Tri Five Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just got my 55 BELAIR , 427 WITH A MILD CAM SINGLE CARB AND A 400 TURBO . 373 POSI RUNS REALLY GOOD , WAS WONDERING SINCE ITS BEEN ABOUT 105 DEGREES IN LA AND THE CAR TEMP RUNS ABOUT 205 WITH ELECTRIC FANS WOULD IT BE REALLY HELPFULL IF I PUT A ALWAYS COOL RADIATOR CROSS FLOW TO KEEP IT COOL ON HOT DAYS. CAR RUNS ABOUT 195 WHEN TEMP DROPS TO ABOUT 80-90 DEGREES?

·
Premium Member
1956 chevy 210 del rey sedan
14,496 Posts
I tried this trick today and it really helped . drain all the coolant out mix 2 bottles of redline water wetter with 2 gallons of distilled water put that in then top off with50/50 distilled water and antifreeze . I did this on my 56 and it dropped the water temp 20 degrees. it is a cheap fix only costing about $30.00 to try and it works. please try it and see before you pop for an aluminum radiator it might save you some cash:happy0030:

·
Premium Member
1956 chevy 210 del rey sedan
14,496 Posts
It doesn't have to be distilled water but the distilled stuff helps keep the corosion & electrolisys away. I would reccomend it if using an aluminum intake or any other aluminum parts in the cooling system. no minerals no corosion.

·
Registered
425 Posts
I agree with Hotrodg726.:D
I use the wetter water frome redline and yes it works.
My temp droped 20 degrees .
I went with 100% water no antifreeze.
I just used water from the house but I guess distilled
water would be better. Oh what the heck nothing but the best
for the tri fives.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts