Chevy Tri Five Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4,760 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just got a response back from Toms Classic on ebay that the disk brake kit they are selling for 14 inch wheels will work with the original drum brake wheels.
That should be good news for people who want the better braking of disk brakes but still wish to have their car look stock with the steel wheels and hubcaps.
If anyone has purchased this kit and installed it on a stock 57 I would like to hear about how it performs. Jim

·
RIP 11/24/2021
68,758 Posts
got one of their kits for a 55 I had, very nice for the money. plus, good seller too. :tu

·
Registered
186 Posts
brakes

I go tthe set from tom;s also and very satisfoed. I wanted to mount them toward the rear of car but they hit the control arm so I ground the caliper about 1/8 or less and they worked perfect, just see where the caliper is hitting, mark it and grind that area some and your good to go. if you put them on the front then the rubber hoses do not fit right, too tight you could get longer rubber brake lines but I like them this way, look good work great. if you need any more advice about them pm me. Jack

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.