Chevy Tri Five Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am having my stock wheels sand blasted for repainting. There were small, 4 inch pieces of fuel line looking rubber hoses stuffed into the gaps between where the two piece wheel was riveted together. Was this done at the factory? Shall I replace and paint them? I've got to figure the tube was intended to keep dust and rocks out of the hubcaps?
Also, The wheels seemed to be bare metal on the inward side. Shall they be painted the color of the car on that side too? Black? Clear? Let it rust over?

Attachments

·
RIP: 10-27-2018
3,279 Posts
They were put there from the factory, and yes they kept dirt and gravel out of the hubcap. They were put on after the wheel was painted, so they should be natural. I think ecklers and the other vendors sell replacements. Seems to me the backside of the wheels were red oxide but you can paint they any way you wish,
Gary

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Your reply is valued Pistoncan. My regards. It seems though these wheels were original and the remaining tube inserts were painted in place. I'm sure this is a silly detail however "How sure are you" that they were inserted after the rims were painted?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts