Chevy Tri Five Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
3,493 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Thought I would post this here. BOLO (Be On The Look Out)

Attn. Everyone knows of Ruby Deluxe, the 1935 ford coupe that was built by Hollywood Hot Rods. At 1 am this morning the truck and trailer were stolen from the Burbank hills. black trailer, pulled by a diesel 2007 chevy 2500 HD. Pewter gray was the color of the truck!! 24 foot enclosed trailer plate number is 4gt8289. Please let me or Troy of Hollywood Hot Rods know If you spot either the trailer,truck or Ruby Deluxe.

Maybe we can help these guys out! It's a small world after all!

I spotted this on another site. If you have information direct it to the guys in the ad.

Don

·
Registered
784 Posts
I wish them all the best on retrieving this car,...I have a very low opinion of thieves also! I know with all the money,but especially TIME I will be investing in my car, I plan on installing some type of Lojack system. From what I understand your insurance rates also decrease a little. Hope they thought ahead and have some type of system like this also. Good Luck.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Stolen Car

Just wanted to post this because no matter what kind of car or street rod we like, getting it stolen totally sucks with all the labor of love we put into them.
Hope someone can help with information on this.
Ruben

Stolen!! 35 Ford custom "Ruby Deluxe" built by Hollywood Hot Rods.
Stolen from a residence in Burbank, Wed night around midnight.
Please keep you eyes open and contact me with any info.
By:Troy Ladd

http://www.Hollywoodhotrods.com

additional info..
Help out Troy Ladd. Keep an eye out for this car:
Truck, trailer and car were all stolen:

Truck: 2007 Chevy 2500HD Deisel Classic, Pewter Grey. License plate 8D40441

·
Trifive Facebook Admin
10,611 Posts
STOLEN in LA Area

I got this off the Good Guys web site:

Troy Ladd of Hollywood Hot Rods just called to tell us the unfortunate news that the Goodguys 2010 Grundy Kustom of the Year – the stellar ’35 Ford he built for Los Angeles tattoo artist “Bugs” was stolen last night (11/17) from a residence in Burbank. The car was scheduled to appear this weekend at the Goodguys 13th Southwest Nationals as part of the Street Rod Headquarters Terrific 12 display.
The thieves took the tow truck, and the trailer which housed the ’35 Ford. Here’s what was taken:

Tow Truck – 2007 Chevy 2500 HD Diesel Classic, Pewter Grey CA License plate: 8D40441
Trailer – 24’ all black enclosed Haulmark trailer, CA License plate: 4GT8289
Car – “Ruby Deluxe” Rootbeer brown ’35 Ford Kustom Westerguard style

If you see the truck & trailer, please alter the local authorities. If you have any information after you call the local authorities, please call Troy Ladd (818) 842-6900 or e-mail him [email protected]

http://www.good-guys.com/news/newsStory.aspx?newsid=1657#

Keep your eyes open guys,
Randy

·
Registered
524 Posts
Randy, very sad to hear, hope the rig and the '35 gets found soon.

·
Registered
524 Posts
Don, this is very disturbing to hear about, hoping the '35 and rig are found and those thieves get what's coming to them.

·
Registered
642 Posts
Everything has been recovered.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Heres the official scoop:

Thurs morn: Truck, Trailer and car stolen at approx. 1am from a private residence in Burbank.

Thursday noon: Thousands and thousands of people, internationally, informed of situation via HAMB, and other websites & hot rodders

Thusday evening: theft information officially takes on "viral" status on the internet

Thursday day: truck found abandoned at Ave 23 & Pasadena ave, in Los Angeles

Friday: Truck recovered from impound: small hole in driver door handle to pop locks, steering column opened up to access ignition, minimal damage.

Friday night: report of trailer abandoned in Pico Riviera

Sat morning: trailer recovered from impound, no damge. Doors locked, unknown contents......

Sat morning. 11:30 am; locks removed to inspect contents............35 FORD INTACT, UNTOUCHED!!!

How frickin crazy is this story?!

·
Registered
300 Posts
Good to hear car was recovered, but after all the money that was spent on this car why wasn't there a lojak or some other satellite alarm system?:confused0006:

·
Registered
524 Posts
Jimbo, thank you for posting, this is a happy day for the owner Troy Ladd and our car hobby, so all was abandoned, no leads on the thieves, they will get theirs, bad karma will catch up to them sooner or later.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts