Chevy Tri Five Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Premium Member
758 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Guys.... when I put disc brakes on front of my 56, I also replaced the stop light switch, but lately my brake lights are staying on after I release the peddle. I can pull up on the peddle with my foot and it most all so slightly moves and the lights turn off. When I replaced the switch, it was a universal unit I'm sure and most likely not from these shores.
I do not know if there is any more adjustment to it, but am I better off replacing it with , if I can find it , a stock switch? or should I continue trying to adjust it one more time. Do I want the switch adjusted more towards the firewall to take up that little travel thats there now?
I did have to drill the new hole for the push rod for the new master, up 1 inch as per instructions and the rod does not seem to bind, just for your info.....

·
Trifive Automotive Electrical Wiring Expert
27,022 Posts
I can pull up on the peddle with my foot and it most all so slightly moves and the lights turn off.
If thye pedal is against the rubber bumper up-stop when you pull up on it, then the switch needs to be adjusted closer to the firewall. The adjustment of the push rod could also keep the pedal from returning.
I have heard of some boosters preventing the pedal to return to the up-stop. ..... Bumper in view A. ...... http://www.trifive.com/garage/57%20Chevy%20Assembly%20Manual/5-1.gif

1 - 2 of 2 Posts