Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
HELLO TO ALL:
Just recently picked up a 2dr Ht after a 13 year absence. Yea, I was one of the guys who has his dream car when he was young and sold it. Anyway I am currently in Afghanistan serving in the Army and discovered this great site in my off time. The hardest decission for me to make when I return home will be wheater to restore my all orginal matching#'s car or turn into a Rat Rod. Again, hello and I look forward to being a member of this site.

James

·
Administrator
9,085 Posts
I would base that choice on whether you intend to keep the car or sell it later on.

Personnally my choice , like many others is to make the car look somewhat original out side , but then use more horse power under the hood with a newwer motor, such as my 454 big block.

Maybe Air Conditioning, Ididit steering tilt column.

Good Luck on your choice.

Otis:)

·
Senior Member 4 Gold Stars
4,460 Posts
James, first and foremost "THANK YOU" for your service.

Now for the car. I personally like a mix of old and new. My 55 looks almost stock from 10 feet. But I have a late model up dated drive train. Best of both worlds for me. Drive a 55 Chevy ( or in your case a 57 ), but have the comfort of a new car.

Keep us posted. By the way, small talk is invited here. So anytime you want to post, feel free. It doesn't have to be tech stuff all the time. We have a chit-chat forum.

Semper Fi
Mike

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.