Chevy Tri Five Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
19,595 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a Delco, 10 disc CD changer/player mounted under my stock bench seat on the passenger side... My garage is un-heated and as part of my "Winter Storage Ritual" I remove the cartridge that holds the CD discs and bring it into the warmth of my home... There it sits until Spring comes and I put it back in the car again... Question; Am I doing damage by leaving the discs in the cartridge or should I be doing something else with them? Later, Dave

·
Premium Member
19,668 Posts
I have a Delco, 10 disc CD changer/player mounted under my stock bench seat on the passenger side... My garage is un-heated and as part of my "Winter Storage Ritual" I remove the cartridge that holds the CD discs and bring it into the warmth of my home... There it sits until Spring comes and I put it back in the car again... Question; Am I doing damage by leaving the discs in the cartridge or should I be doing something else with them? Later, Dave
Dave Good Question :hmmmm: , personally I dont see a issue but , hows the cartidge hold the stack of disc in ? spring loaded or ??

·
Registered
495 Posts
JMO

Having grown up with LPs, aka albums, I treat CDs the same way, even though they are probably a lot more forgiving than the old tirty tree and a tirds. I remove them, return to case and keep them house temp--only takes an extra minute. didn't really answer your question, just what I do. I've seen my kids treat cds pretty badly and they still seem to work...

·
Registered
19,595 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I leave CDs in my "regular" car all year and they are just fine :)
That would be different because I am assuming you are driving your regular car and running the heater etc so that everything in the cabin area would be a nice cozy tempature... Mine sits in an unheated garage from November to April... Later, Dave

·
Registered
11,220 Posts
Actually, cool/cold is far less of a detriment than heat or direct sunlight. I might add that if you have stick on labels, remove them. They attract moisture and prolonged exposure to moisture is a no no for cd's.

Here is everything you might have ever wondered about CD"s: http://www.clir.org/pubs/reports/pub121/sec5.html

1 - 6 of 6 Posts