Chevy Tri Five Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Administrator
68,012 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,
This problem has been messing me around for weeks ,problem is that when I place the car in gear it wants to stall unless I accelerate a little with foot on the brake. I have tried changing the settings on the carb has improved a little but still need to pump gas while at a stand still.

So to cut a long story short I swapped the original carter single barrell carby for a stromberg single barrell carby.

The stromberg had a vacum port above the base roughly midway length of the carby. ( The carter port went into the base section of the carby) it ran to a dizzy with a vacum attached that remained still, did not advance on acceleration.

I had no vacum advance when connected to the port of the stromberg so I temp connected the port of the exhaust manifold to the dizzy line, vacum adv works again.

Question is :
What do I do with the hole for the vacum port of the stromberg?

·
Administrator
68,012 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
O.K. I was itching for a quick reply but no takers, I went past a local carby place and he told me that that port is a vacum port for the dizzy that works only when there are enough revs to activate the vacum advance.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts