Chevy Tri Five Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Administrator
68,033 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,
This problem has been messing me around for weeks ,problem is that when I place the car in gear it wants to stall unless I accelerate a little with foot on the brake. I have tried changing the settings on the carb has improved a little but still need to pump gas while at a stand still.

So to cut a long story short I swapped the original carter single barrell carby for a stromberg single barrell carby.

The stromberg had a vacum port above the base roughly midway length of the carby. ( The carter port went into the base section of the carby) it ran to a dizzy with a vacum attached that remained still, did not advance on acceleration.

I had no vacum advance when connected to the port of the stromberg so I temp connected the port of the exhaust manifold to the dizzy line, vacum adv works again.

Question is :
What do I do with the hole for the vacum port of the stromberg?

·
Registered
156 Posts
I am pretty sure that you have solved this problem by now as this post is a month old but here's an answer anyway.

If there is a --nipple-- at that vacuum port location you can use vacuum caps to seal those off. http://www.jegs.com/i/Moroso/710/41090/10002/-1

If however there is no nipple you will need to find something to seal the hole. Is it threaded? Simple plug would work there, if not maybe a turned down drift plug can be "LIGHTLY" tapped into the hole, if you go that way leave enough of the shaft sticking out to to able to remove it. If none of those work then theres always JB Weld but that will be permanent.

Roland

1 - 2 of 2 Posts