New sending unit. Brass fitting falls off as I tighten. The solder joint must have been done on a Monday. This fitting along with the sending unit pipe should be threaded. A dab of solder don't cut it.
Done. Just finished it up. Strong like bull now. Not even a 1/4" of the fitting was soldered. Only good thing is that the gas tank has been empty for some time. I was installing a partial floor, new quarter panels, tailpan and brace. Fixing it up with new parts as I'm going to sell it when I'm done. Hopefully before fall of next year. Sunk a boatload of cash in it. I realize that I won't get near the $$$ I put into it. With less than 50 miles since 2012, I have no desire to keep it. I bit off more than I could chew. Meaning, I was younger in 2012 and working on it was fun. Now it's a chore. Guess I'm not the only one that feels this way. Have a couple more things to do on it. Mainly, align the doors and front fenders better before I, or someone, paints it a new color. Then it will be put up for sale. Wow, did I get off the tracks.If you can silver solder the joint that would be a better option.