Chevy Tri Five Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
6,546 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Since my car is serving a "20 to life" sentence in the B/S jail, I've been busy rounding up "stuff" to install, once it's paroled...:rolleyes:
The latest items are TECHNOSTALGIA LED tail and park lites.
Several things come to mind:
1. Service is INSTANT.
2. The guys know what they are talking about.
3. They call U back.
4. They ship at real rates. [Park lites were ordered on 9/15.. In my mail box today. AND, at a cost of $5.00!]
5. Product appears to be very well engineered, using the RIGHT type of LEDS.
6. Directions are well written.
7. Lifetime warranty.

1 really NEAT feature... You can wire them for operation as daytime running lites!

Bottom line: many others in the parts business could take lessons from this company!:party0031:

·
Registered
6,546 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Some...

Sounds great Chuck. I have LED taillights but not the park lights. May have to look into them later.
Any progress on the car?
Terry
The car has been painted, but has yet to be buffed. Seems he's into doing "just enuf" to prevent me from putting him a coma!:eek:
Paints the dash/cowl.. screws around for 10 days, does the silver painting...screws around for 10 days. He finally, [after 15 months], has finished the body paint, still has the doors and 1 fender to do...
He's due back today..There's gonna be a "prayer meeting" tomorrow...This is the biggest farce I've ever been in, in the 50+ yrs I've been a hotrodder...:banghead:

·
Registered
164 Posts
Same old, same old

My car was in the aint shop twice (in 12 years).

Both times it was in there sooooo long I practically forgot I owned it!

Everyone I know thought I had sold it.

·
Registered
6,546 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·

·
Registered
6,546 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
MORE SUPER..

SERVICE!!
This time from Calvert Racing!
I've bought from them before, and decided to add a set to my 55.
Got hold of Travis,[my "go to" guy], and he "did the deal" in about 10 minutes...Answered the ?'s, checked inventory, and said "shipping today".
Even got a repeat customer discount!:party0031:

REALLY NICE to deal w/ folks that act like they appreciate your business, and know their product!
Since this is a "driver", I ordered # 2103, low profile, single hole unit that can be used in any spring position.:cool:

·
Administrator & Tech Articles
52,791 Posts
Chuck....Are you going to be running a 3rd brake light with the LED tail lights? Just had problems with mine....However, I was dealing with a set of el cheapo LED bulbs.

·
Registered
1,245 Posts
I run TECHNOSTALGIA LED and love them. Best service around. I run a 3rd brake lite in my rear plate. No problems.
Jeffrey

·
Registered
6,546 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Yep..

Chuck....Are you going to be running a 3rd brake light with the LED tail lights? Just had problems with mine....However, I was dealing with a set of el cheapo LED bulbs.
the 3rd lite is about a ft long, and very streamlined. Came off a mid 90's Suburban. It sits on the pkge shelf.
The bulb style leds can be a problem. The leds in my lites are square leds and are laid out on a base plate...

1 - 11 of 11 Posts