Chevy Tri Five Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello. My name is Steve and I have invested considerable money in getting to the point I am currently on a Retro 56 210. I am hoping someone can give me some input on where the best source is for getting quality Chrome bumpers and Stainless side molding for my 56.

I would like to get the best quality products for the best price but if I have to choose one over the other I would choose quality in my case.

I am familiar with a number of suppliers including Eckler's, Danchuk, H&H among others but am just not sure who offers the best quality products and the most reasonable price.

Thanks to anyone who can guide me on this. I am getting ready to spend some hard earned cash and will need to do it soon.

Thanks of your help.

Steve

·
Registered
3,452 Posts
As Bamiller stated depends on what type you want. Most agree original fits the best. Side stainless can be bought original driver quality (maybe slight dings or scratches) or you can get refurbished that is 1000 point show quality.
Members on here like Bam bam & 55wagoncrazy sell nice original pieces. 55wagoncrazy even refurbishes stainless to new like quality. Many threads on here complimenting both. I believe there is a sponsor that does the same, you send yours to them and they refurbish. Or you can buy the repop from a vendor and make it fit. Again bumpers original re-chromed over repop. Several people recently bought bumpers and are happy with them for what they want. Check this thread page 19
http://www.trifive.com/forums/showthread.php?t=97193&page=19
For other repop you could try East Coast Chevy, they not only sell trifive parts they have a shop and use them so they can tell you which they use. Web site is rough but call and ask which bumper is preferable and if in stock.
http://www.eastcoastchevy.com/
Do some searching on here to see what others have bought & or did. Before buying from a vendor I would ask if anyone bought the part you are from them to see if you can get a review. Sometimes works out. :anim_25:

·
Registered
6,183 Posts
I had mine rechromed by Chris at advanced custom chrome in Pa..great guy...perfect chrome If you call him-tell him Johnny with 57 Chevy Belle referred you.

·
Registered
1956 Nomad RHD, mofified, 1955 Nomad RHD,restored 1957 Nomad RHD, still in progress
1,502 Posts
quality Chrome bumpers and Stainless side molding for my 56.

I am getting ready to spend some hard earned cash and will need to do it soon.

Thanks of your help.

Steve
When you talk quality in relation to repro stainless, then you eliminate the repro pieces.
Learn how to do a search on here about the subject. Lots of comments about the lack of quality and the need to redo a lot of the repro stainless. Get the best possible used moldings and then get someone like Mikey to restore them. You will be a lot happier.
Now you mentioned you want them soon, - just don't expect them to be restored overnight.
Cheers, Des

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
As Bamiller stated depends on what type you want. Most agree original fits the best. Side stainless can be bought original driver quality (maybe slight dings or scratches) or you can get refurbished that is 1000 point show quality.
Members on here like Bam bam & 55wagoncrazy sell nice original pieces. 55wagoncrazy even refurbishes stainless to new like quality. Many threads on here complimenting both. I believe there is a sponsor that does the same, you send yours to them and they refurbish. Or you can buy the repop from a vendor and make it fit. Again bumpers original re-chromed over repop. Several people recently bought bumpers and are happy with them for what they want. Check this thread page 19
http://www.trifive.com/forums/showthread.php?t=97193&page=19
For other repop you could try East Coast Chevy, they not only sell trifive parts they have a shop and use them so they can tell you which they use. Web site is rough but call and ask which bumper is preferable and if in stock.
http://www.eastcoastchevy.com/
Do some searching on here to see what others have bought & or did. Before buying from a vendor I would ask if anyone bought the part you are from them to see if you can get a review. Sometimes works out. :anim_25:

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I had heard the original restores were best. You are confirming what I had heard. One more question. If I go the refurbished route will buying refurbished from another car still work as far a fit? I do have originals but didn't think I would have the time to get them redone by the time I needed them mounted. I was thinking I could buy some referbished and then sell my originals. What do you think?

·
Registered
460 Posts
I had heard the original restores were best. You are confirming what I had heard. One more question. If I go the refurbished route will buying refurbished from another car still work as far a fit? I do have originals but didn't think I would have the time to get them redone by the time I needed them mounted. I was thinking I could buy some referbished and then sell my originals. What do you think?

Try Concourse Trim. They advertise a lot of trim for tri-fives. I have bought used original trim and have no issues with it fitting.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
3,452 Posts

Your original is always best to use guys that work on the stainless could tell you better how other original fits. I do not know your timeline and the restorer could give a rough estimate with pictures but not a good estimate till they see what you have. With time constraints you might call them and see how much a swap would cost you if they have a set for your car done. Try Mickey "55wagoncrazy" send him a pm (look him up on members list above) or as stated call Concourse if you are looking for complete refurbished stainless

·
Registered
3,446 Posts
East Coast Restoration will take your cores and send you rechromed parts, but you'd have to ask them what you can expect for fit. It would be faster than waiting on a chrome shop.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts