Chevy Tri Five Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
605 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I encourage all of you to suppoort your local cub scouts and say yes when they come by and ask you to buy popcorn. The cub scouts is a wonderful program that teaches these young boys to respect others and gives them some basic life skills that will stay with them forever. My son is a cub scout and they use the money they raise to go on camping trips as well as participate in many activities that costs money, such as pinewood derby, summer camps, October costume party, winter swimming trips, new uniforms, misc. materials etc... My son's pack uses this single fund raiser to pay for all of the activities for the year and I imagine that your local cub scouts do something very similar to us. If you do not live in an area that has a local scout program or you just never have a scout stop by please take a look at the link below. This link is assigned to my sons popcorn sales account. He would greatly appreciate your support. The pictures that I have attached are of the boys during the annual food drive they do for our local food bank and then the other picture is of my son (and yes that is an Otter Pops box on his head).

http://www.trails-end.com/estore/scouts/email_referral.jsp?id=8261882

Thank you and again support your local cub scout program.

Dave

Attachments

·
Registered
5,939 Posts
My son use to do the same. I haven't bought in years, but just yesterday I bought some carmel corn with the nuts from a kid at my door. Good cause.

·
Registered
1,270 Posts
My son just joined last year and it seems like I pay for everything he does. They sold garbage bags to raise money, but I'm not sure what it's used for.

·
Trifive on Facebook Admin
1,826 Posts
I sold light bulbs when I was a scout. the money went for summer camp.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Dave We have been buying the Cub Scouts popcorn every year here in Hermiston,my wife uses them for stocking stuffers at Christmas time,plus it's just great popcorn.
Thanks James Hermiston,Ore

·
Registered
605 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
One time bump. Thanks Admins for letting this stay on.

Dave

·
Trifive Certified Restoration Shop
3,476 Posts
In our scout groups (cub scout/ boyscout) we're selling popcorn too.

Our cub scout group pools all the money to cover any and all awards they earn, new books as they advance in rank, food for the pack meetings and camping outings, the camping fees, and what ever comes up. SO, for the intital sign up fee ($15) our cubscouts don't have to pay for anything for the rest of their years in the pack. As long as they particpate in our two fundraisers. Even their next years annual fee is taken care of if the help us out.

Our boyscout troop sets it up so that each boy works towards his own finances. The more he sells, the more he has in his account to spend towards his camping, and or trip fees, He can also use it to purchase a new scout shirt or camping supplies.

Please help support your local Scout pack/Troop. It's how they earn there way through scouting from Tiger Cub to Eagle Scout.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts