Chevy Tri Five Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,284 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I read somewhere that the Supporting Member fees had been canceled a few years ago. I just noticed on my bank account statement that I am still paying this fee. If indeed, the fee has been cancelled, how do I get a refund for all the money I've paid since the closing of these fees?

·
Stainless Trim Restoration
8,899 Posts
Glenn, if you set it up as an annual fee renewal. You will have to go to the route it has been paid, like a credit card or PayPal and cancel it.

Others have had this issue and the Administration has refunded the amount charged. They don't request it be paid, but unless you cancel the way it is AUTOMATICALLY PAID it will continue.

Mikey

·
Administrator
893 Posts
I can refund your recent charge. I will however need the following info via a PM please.

The date you where billed:
Transaction ID:
The email you use for paypal:
The amount you where recently billed:

-Philip

·
Registered
6,771 Posts
Back in the day I made a one time payment and it automatically set me up for yearly payments without my permission. Quite a sneaky way to do business I think. Luckily I saw it and canceled it and got it canceled. After seeing that trick, I should have just canceled the single payment I agreed to also. I'll make a payment every year if they get rid of all the ads, but not the advertisers forums.

·
Administrator
893 Posts
PayPal has auto-renews that are auto set in their system. YOu just have to be careful with that and make sure that option is turned off.

Thank you so much,

~Glenda

·
Registered
6,771 Posts
PayPal has auto-renews that are auto set in their system. YOu just have to be careful with that and make sure that option is turned off.

Thank you so much,

~Glenda
That sounds fishy to me. Out of hundreds of pay pal payments I've made, that is the only one that ever got an auto renew. And I've never had to turn that option off for any of the hundreds of other payments. Must be the way the TriFive account was set up, not the way pay pal is set up! Smells scammy to me. I do understand there are new owners and that was Otis that did that. Maybe it should be fixed now?

·
LS Tech and Moderator
10,464 Posts
That sounds fishy to me. Out of hundreds of pay pal payments I've made, that is the only one that ever got an auto renew. And I've never had to turn that option off for any of the hundreds of other payments. Must be the way the TriFive account was set up, not the way pay pal is set up! Smells scammy to me. I do understand there are new owners and that was Otis that did that. Maybe it should be fixed now?
You have hundreds of subscriptions? Those are WAY different then making payment. A payment is one time transfer.

Its not "scammy". Most all the subscription payments I make on paypal are auto renewal. That is how I make subs on mult forums and mult different owners. Its pretty much how forums have done subscriptions for decades. It wasn't Otis or AG that did it, basically its how paypal sets it up to make it easier when member's renew.

·
Registered
6,771 Posts
You have hundreds of subscriptions? Those are WAY different then making payment. A payment is one time transfer.

Its not "scammy". Most all the subscription payments I make on paypal are auto renewal. That is how I make subs on mult forums and mult different owners. Its pretty much how forums have done subscriptions for decades. It wasn't Otis or AG that did it, basically its how paypal sets it up to make it easier when member's renew.
Hmm, it's been a long time and I don't recall anymore so I'll just agree. No, I don't have hundreds of subscriptions. All I know is that without me knowing I got set up on autopay. And the OP was paying for years longer than he wanted to and didn't realize it until recently. So the message is, if you paid once and didn't plan on an annual payment, may want to check your account history.

·
LS Tech and Moderator
10,464 Posts
Hmm, it's been a long time and I don't recall anymore so I'll just agree. No, I don't have hundreds of subscriptions. All I know is that without me knowing I got set up on autopay. And the OP was paying for years longer than he wanted to and didn't realize it until recently. So the message is, if you paid once and didn't plan on an annual payment, may want to check your account history.
Or the message is read the fine print, most all forums with subs list it as renewing. I don't remember if it physically stated it in fine print here as the page is long gone, but its listed on paypal as such.

Also you can turn it off or on paypal site its listed on subscriptions, that is were you manage everything from, but paypal will not refund the money themselves. Also this is just one reason to actually read you CC and bank statements, which ALOT of people don't they just send the money. If you read your statements every month and dispute charges you don't know or want, or change things then it won't be years before one finds out.

I deleted my paypal couple years ago as they are horrible, way better platforms to use.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts