Chevy Tri Five Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Premium Member
50,811 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
All 4 of my grand kids are GM car nuts (except one 18 yr old Mustanger) so today I'm gonna pick up my 14 yr old grand daughter after softball practice in the 55 and take her to lunch.....:flag6:
:gba:
bowtie-trifive

·
Registered
887 Posts
What a great idea! One of my grandson's was here a couple of weeks ago and we went for a drive almost every night. One night he fell asleep on the ride! He said he liked the wind blowing through his hair and the rumble of the exhaust! He is only 6 so I think he is hooked!

·
Registered
67,707 Posts
:tu sounds like our going to have a good day mickey. :eating:

·
Premium Member
50,811 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Both teenage ball tems ooooo'ed & aaaaaaah'ed as they left the field....:congrats:
:gba:

·
Registered
623 Posts
My almost 15 YO granddaughter always needs a ride somewhere. She usually says can we take the 57, she seems to meet more boys that way! Gee, that is strange!!

·
Registered
2,419 Posts
When my daughter was a new freshman in high school, I picked her up from a school dance in my restored 62- 409. She jumped in the back seat and laid down. Said she had never been so embarrassed in her life. I couldn't keep her sister, 2 years younger out of my cars.

·
Registered
1,438 Posts
My 10 year old special needs son is hooked and a full fledged car guy. We go to cruise nights with Mom's Corvair or one of dad's toy's ans he makes sure we have or "camping chairs" fold up portable chairs our cooler, his snacks and drinks and he knows his buddy Kelvin one of dad's buddy's has a parking spot on one side of us and Ken has a spot on the other side or mom and we have to set up our chairs and look at all the cool cars as they roll in and he chit chats with the guys and is becoming a regular fixture at our local shows and cruises.
I have to say without a fault everyone treats him like he's one of the guys they don't pity him or say oh you poor parents bla bla bla.
The classic car community is made up of some of the best people I have ever had the pleasure of meeting. At least in our area I am seeing more and more young kids at the shows and cruises most guys brig the whole family and we all have a lot of fun. We are planning a special surprise for his birthday in September a 32 highboy go cart its gonna be a blast.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts