Chevy Tri Five Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, here I go again. Asking for help.

Everyone has been so good about helping me and I really appreciate it.

Next project: Lowering the front end a little. Just want to drop the front end a little and wondered how well those dropped spindles work? I also want to put power disc brakes on the front also. Who has done this and what vendor is the best to go with. I'm not going to do anything accept cruise the car when done and just wanted that little extra stopping power.

Thanks in advance

·
Registered
3,061 Posts
PICT1886.jpg

PICT1887.jpg

PICT1895.jpg

PICT1896.jpg

PICT1900.jpg

Hey Chevyss:
Just finished the front disc brake conversion kit, but I didn't use the drop spindles....I kept the stock spindles. Got my kit from Rock Auto (you can check it out on-line) I found them very reasonable when it came to the kit, and saw same or very similar kits for much more money elsewhere....mind you, make sure you cover all bases when it comes to deciding....I'm sure others will have advice on this...but I'm happy with the kit I got.

·
Registered
3,061 Posts
PICT1869.jpg

PICT1870.jpg

PICT1871.jpg

PICT1872.jpg

Here's some pics of what the kit comes with.....also in here are some suspension parts that we put in as well. Good luck with the search.

·
Registered
4,551 Posts
Also keep in mind that you can get 2" dropped springs and do the same thing a little cheaper. That's what I did and I also run disc brakes in the front.

·
Registered
3,061 Posts
Also keep in mind that you can get 2" dropped springs and do the same thing a little cheaper. That's what I did and I also run disc brakes in the front.
Hey Zbad:
Just out of curiosity, what did you do for shocks in that case?....I haven't seen it done that way yet.

·
Registered
549 Posts
Hey Chevyss:
Just finished the front disc brake conversion kit, but I didn't use the drop spindles....I kept the stock spindles. Got my kit from Rock Auto (you can check it out on-line) I found them very reasonable when it came to the kit, and saw same or very similar kits for much more money elsewhere....mind you, make sure you cover all bases when it comes to deciding....I'm sure others will have advice on this...but I'm happy with the kit I got.
Hey Restorit, don't mean to derail the thread, but can you give me more info, or a link about this kit. Does it push the wheels out much?

·
Registered
4,551 Posts
Hey Zbad:
Just out of curiosity, what did you do for shocks in that case?....I haven't seen it done that way yet.
Just used the standard front shocks, take a look at some of the vendors they sell the 2" dropped springs, did mine years ago so you have another option to go with,

·
Registered
3,061 Posts
1 - 8 of 8 Posts