Chevy Tri Five Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone out there know of a list of cars which can be used as a donor car to build a 55 chevy. I'm looking for something that has a small block,with TH350 trans.,front discs,rear that will fit, driveshaft, etc. I need to do the whole car and am trying to find a car that I could use parts from without having to do too many mods. Thanks for your help.
Chris

·
Registered
113 Posts
it won't be cut and paste but look at the early 80s malibus, I know the brakes will work with heidits spindles, they probably have the same 10 bolts as the 3rd gen camaros. carburated small blocks th-350's I believe original powerglide cars can reuse the driveshaft after a 350 swap (Mike correct me on that)

·
Senior Member 4 Gold Stars
4,460 Posts
That's about right. There are exceptions on 350 turbos since there was a long tail and short, but the other stuff works. On the rear end the Malibu may be an inch or so wider, but you can correct that with wheel back spacing.

·
Registered
150 Posts
The car above was done by Chad Reynolds of Slightly Wicked Customs. Extremely nice guy!. He gave me a lot of pointers on how to do this. My next concern is finding a donor car. Anyone got a X-cop car sitting around they wanna sell cheap?

·
Registered
150 Posts
Error on above post

Actually the post I was referring to was my post on a chassis swap. The 56 wagon is the one Chad Reynolds did on a 95 caprice chassis.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts