Chevy Tri Five Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

· Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am new to this forum, by the way you guys are awesome and know you stuff thanks for all the great info. I have a 57 chev 4 door. No power steering. Iam looking to swap out the 283 and powerglide and putting in a 350 with a turbo 400. I searched the treads and did't see any info on this, so sorry if this has been covered. couple questions, How is everyone mounting there engine, to me I don't think the two front mounts are gonna hold up. Iam not going with big power just gonna be a weekend cruizer. Does someone make a kit to add side mounts? On the tranny does someone make a kit for a rear cross memeber? If anybody has any other secrets or helpful hints on what else I might have a problem with that would be great. Thanks in advance. Also What headers am I gonna need to run, it looks like a tight fight between the engine and steering shaft.
Thanks again I love this forum.

*It canyon coral, not pink*

· Registered
641 Posts
If it already has the small block in it just use those mounts or you can go to say, Speedway and buy the others. You should be able to find a trans crossmember without much trouble. Don't forget about the driveshaft length. You have a good selection of headers to choose from from the huggers to full length. The larger tubes like the Hooker Super Comps can be a bit tight but work very well but if you're only going for the weekend cruise you might look at the block huggers for easier installation

· Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Nsane, I am not 100% sure what I am doing with it yet if I decide to sell it I will let you know. Thanks for all the info guys its been really helpful. Keep the ideas coming I REALLY appreciate it.

· Registered
74 Posts
Hey Clem!

I just dropped in a 305 and 350 trans last Thursday. I used the CPP kit with the engine mounts that moved the engine 3/4" forwards. The mounts aren't exactly a snug fit, but they're ok. I did have an issue with not having a hole in my frame from which to attach the nut to the bolt on either side, but it was possible to insert a wrench through the slit in the frame (with some fiddling...). According to the instructions there's supposed to be one ??? The trans-mount is very simple, comes with self-threading bolts, but I'm going to either use long bolts throught the frame, or drill a hole on the outside of the frame to attach the nuts through. (Right now the tranny is sitting on a jack and some 2 by 4's :redface:)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.