Chevy Tri Five Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, I have a camaro steering column that I am switching back to the original 57 column in my 57, the ignition switch is being put back into the dash. My dilemma is I can not find a print of the ignition wiring harness of the 81 camaro, I have a sbc 350 under the hood. I just want to compare the new with the old to make sure all wires are being hooked up right. Any help you guys might be able to give me on a schematic for this. Thanks for your help

Robert

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Mike that will help, would there be a pic of the ignition wiring harness to were they hook up to, like - wire leads to the starter, leads to the HEI of the distributor, oil pressure lead. That is what i need so I know what ignition wires go where for the 57 side of it,

Robert

·
Trifive Automotive Electrical Wiring Expert
27,022 Posts
Mike that will help, would there be a pic of the ignition wiring harness to were they hook up to, like - wire leads to the starter, leads to the HEI of the distributor, oil pressure lead. That is what i need so I know what ignition wires go where for the 57 side of it,

Robert
Here's the 57 wiring diagram. With an HEI, the tan wire that goes to the ballest resistor from the ignition switch, will go directly to the starter R terminal and then to the "BAT" terminal of the HEI. .... http://www.oldcarmanualproject.com/tOCMP/wiring/5765wiring%20diagrams/Chevrolet/MWireChev57_3WD-057.jpg

1 - 5 of 5 Posts