Chevy Tri Five Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
568 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Wat do you like in a t shirt (black&white print or coloured print)????????????? our club is getting t shirts for our show coming up, and not sure wat way to go :confused0006::confused0006::confused0006:

·
Administrator
50,511 Posts
Just don`t do black shirts. Went to a show in May and received a t-shirt as part of the entry fee. Yep, it was black with yellow lettering. Pretty but not feasible with the Texas summers and sun.
Terry

·
Registered
1,406 Posts
Got a bunch of both. Black on white would have a ol school look to it. If you can find pockets on the sleeve and black print on white, you could have some slick Tees.

:anim_25:

·
Trifive Facebook Admin
10,551 Posts
LOL, you wanted a consensus here:sign0020: When you do shirts for a group you generally only make about half of them happy. I suggest you do what you want and at least half the group will like it and you won't agonize over it. The other half will complain, but they would no matter what you do...........:D

Randy

·
Trifive Calendar Editor
3,317 Posts
LOL, you wanted a consensus here:sign0020: When you do shirts for a group you generally only make about half of them happy. I suggest you do what you want and at least half the group will like it and you won't agonize over it. The other half will complain, but they would no matter what you do...........:D

Randy
That's from the man who knows!
I haven't heard mention of it lately, so some new members may not be aware that Randy prints our Trifive shirts, hats and stickers.
There is a nice selection of quality item available at the Trifive Store.

·
Trifive Facebook Admin
10,551 Posts
Thanks for the nice words Phil.:party0031:

Its time for the annual fall orders of TriFive.com shirts and I'm chatting with Otis right now for what type of shirt to do this year, so watch for the post for them real soon:rolleyes:

Randy

·
Registered
951 Posts
I guess I'm the oddball. I like Black T-shirts (and I live in Bako). When we were doing Shirts for our local hunt club, Me and the other officers got together and figured out what WE wanted. Went with it and the members seemed to like them. Our logo just POPPED better on black.

Attachments

·
Registered
9,390 Posts
I guess I'm the oddball. I like Black T-shirts (and I live in Bako). When we were doing Shirts for our local hunt club, Me and the other officers got together and figured out what WE wanted. Went with it and the members seemed to like them. Our logo just POPPED better on black.
I'm the same way most of my tee's are all black also...:)

·
Trifive Facebook Admin
10,551 Posts
The color of the tee is a matter of the person wearing it and only they can say what is their favorite. But regarding prints on them, black will look the best if the print is done correctly. The colors just pop off it better. That said though black is a pain to print and the most expensive color tee shirt. You also need more ink on it to see the print, the entire shirt usually needs a white under coat doubling the thickness of the ink, thus making it hot and sticky on you. Even the TriFive.com shirts are too heavy on the back for my liking, but they are the best sellers, go figure:D

I print more white than any others. But this is based on them being the less expensive collor made, easier to print with less ink and thus cheaper to print. They also dont fade as dark colors fad bad around the collar and shoulders from wear and washing. Most customers get real concerned on saving a dollar or so when they are ordering a few dozen shirts.

Randy

Randy

·
Registered
951 Posts
Yep Randy, you nailed it. It cost a bit more for the shirts and prints. We are a club so we really weren't into it for profit so we were able to keep the prices fairly low when selling shirts to members.

The thing I don't like about white t-shirts is they get dirty really easy AND after a bit of wearing they get that dingy look in the armpits. I'd say 90% of my shirts are black and I don't mind the faded look a bit. I also wear a lot of gray shirts and they get worn usually when I'm gonna be out in the sun a lot. ;)

If we were to do a mass of shirts for resale, we would probably go white to keep costs down. I think most of the car show shirts I have seen are white with color logo's.

·
Registered
19,497 Posts
No black shirts for me thank youtditditdi I'm not a Priest, I'm no longer a biker and I look like the before guy in a "Head & Shoulders" commercial... If I win one as a door prize I donate it back or don't claim it in the first place... I prefer ash or white... Later, Dave

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.