Chevy Tri Five Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just finished assembling a set of tail lights with the Technostalgia LED package. Should I be torquing down the stainless strap enough so that the lens is pressed into the gasket? I tightened the screws pretty snug and there is still a slight gap. I don't want to run the risk of cracking the lens but it would be nice to keep water out.

·
Premium Member
3,594 Posts
Just finished assembling a set of tail lights with the Technostalgia LED package. Should I be torquing down the stainless strap enough so that the lens is pressed into the gasket? I tightened the screws pretty snug and there is still a slight gap. I don't want to run the risk of cracking the lens but it would be nice to keep water out.
What year car? I have a 57 with their LED circuit board taillights. I tightened fairly tight because the circuit board seams to be the ground path.

If I notice one of my lights is not working I re tighten the screws problem solved.

I have no gap where water can get in.:bowtier:

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I have a 55. I looked at the 57, it has 3 screws that compress the lens against the gasket. On the 55, there is a screw at the top of the lens and the stainless strap pushes the bottom part of the lens down. I screwed down the ground connection as far as I could and used the other side to cinch down the strap. Guess I will find out 10 years from now when the car is finished. :sign0020:

·
Premium Member
3,663 Posts
BrickTamland; Guess I will find out 10 years from now when the car is finished. :sign0020:[/QUOTE said:
Welcome to the club:sign0020:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts