Chevy Tri Five Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Search Archives

Sections

Never a dull moment in East Kentucky, I sold my Harley and bought my 55, I hope you all take note that this was not one of our ridgerunners!...lol

Monday August 14, 2006

Motorcycle driver cited for hitting 120 m.p.h.

BY MARY MUSIC

STAFF WRITER

A sportbike stunt man sponsored by McCoy MotorSports was arrested Wednesday after a 25-mile high-speed chase through Pike County.

Hazard native William Albert Dixon, 24, of Orlando, Florida, reportedly exceeded speeds of 120 mph hour and successfully eluded police officials from three agencies before his motorcycle ran out of gas and he and his passenger hitched a ride to the McCoy MotorSports parking lot.

“It was probably the most dangerous, fastest pursuit that I've engaged in since I've been a police officer,” said Kentucky Vehicle Enforcement Officer Keith Justice.

Dixon is being held at the Pike County Detention Center on five counts of first-degree wanton endangerment, reckless driving, first-degree fleeing and evading authorities, and four other traffic violations. Four of the wanton endangerment charges were filed on behalf of officers with the KVE, Pikeville Police Department and Kentucky State Police, who pursued Dixon in the approximate 25-mile chase from Rt. 3495, near the Landmark Inn in Pikeville, to Rt. 194 in the Kimper area. The other wanton endangerment charge was filed on behalf of Dixon's passenger, Florida native Ilza Skrzek, a crew member with the Metric Revolution TV Tour, a MetricTV program that was filming a bike build-off competition Wednesday in Pikeville.

According to the citation, issued by Pikeville Police Officer David Adkins, Dixon was driving recklessly at 80 mph on Ky. 3496 when he began the pursuit. Adkins claims that Dixon refused to stop when he turned on his lights and siren, and that he turned onto U.S. 23, where Justice, Pikeville Police Sgt. Aaron Thompson, KSP Sgt. Randy Woods and trooper Jonathan Leonard joined the chase.

Dixon and Skrzek, who wasn't charged, were picked up after the pursuit was over at the McCoy MotorSports parking lot, where the black and orange Yamaha motorcycle reportedly used in the chase was stored in the back of a pick-up truck. Dixon reportedly told Adkins that he was attempting to store the motorcycle at the business.

Justice said Dixon “blew past” him at the Rt. 3495 - U.S. 23 intersection, and later drove north on U.S. 119. At times, Dixon was driving in the wrong direction, crossing back and forth, and passing other drivers on the highway, Justice said. At Sidney, Dixon U-turned in the road, Justice said, and came back toward Pikeville. When the pursuit continued onto Rt. 194, Justice said he lost sight of Dixon because it was too dangerous for him to maneuver his car around other drivers on the road.

“They went down 194 West and somewhere down there, they ran out of gas,” Justice said. “They got a civilian to bring them back to McCoy MotorSports.”

Pikeville Police Sgt. Aaron Thompson asked officers to wait for Dixon at the business, a “good call,” Justice said.

No injuries were reported.

District Judge Darrel Mullins placed Dixon, whose been a sportbike freestyle entertainer and stunt rider since 2000, under a $20,000 full cash bond, which was not posted as of press-time yesterday. He's expected to be back in court on August 17 for a preliminary hearing.

Attempts to reach McCoy MotorSports representatives were unsuccessful. Justice said representatives of business, which was closed yesterday, left Pikeville at 10 a.m. on Thursday morning and headed toward Lexington.

Other officers involved in the pursuit were not available for comment.

Copyright © 2006 Appalachian News-Express All Rights Reserved.

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
We call them organ donors! Mountain roads, poor condition because of coal truck damage. A lot of this was curvy two lane! Had to be medicated and extremely lucky!

·
Registered
21 Posts
Doesn't say which bike he was riding?

It's very easy these days to get up to those kind of speeds in a very short distance, although trying to evade the police was pretty stupid, as the report says instead of just getting a ticket and a fine for speeding he ended up with multiple charges which I guess will end up being pretty severe?

For the record i've gone faster than that on my bike, loved every minute of it, but I always pick my time and moment very carefully! ;)

This is my weekend toy....

Attachments

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Well! I'm not down on bikers, just quit riding myself. Dropped an 03 electra glide and screwed up my leg, a pill head jumped left of center and got me. I like that ride of yours, I got a Blk 55 belair. I know some of the crotch rockets will haul a$$, I like to watch them race in the appropriate setting, would not have posted except for the fact, You would really have to see the roads they are talking about. I know the guy was some kind of stunt driver, he had to be one of the best to run on roads he was not familiar with, he was from Florida I think. Gives me the shakes thinking about it..lol

1 - 7 of 7 Posts