Chevy Tri Five Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
6,404 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm going to get my 57 registered this week! I've owned it for a bit over a year and it's always been my plan to register it (get a license plate) when it's "road ready." Seems like I use the fact that I don't have it registered to NOT get it "road ready," so now I'll have no excuses!

Wish me luck -- this is a huge step for me!

·
Registered
181 Posts
WOO HOO!!! You GO Mike! Get that BABY rollin'! I kinda did the same thing. Before I even had my car running, I got my plate for the car day after I had it towed to the house. Everyday I had to see the plate on the car and would think to myself, "WOW! I need to get that thing on the road." So I would tell myself, "I'll tinker with it just 30 minutes." Funny but just thinking I would spend 30 minutes got me to start and then a couple hours later my wife would usually ask if I was going to sleep in the car or come on inside. Course mine was an easy project compared to others who buy a non-running tri-five.

Steve

·
Registered
6,404 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Your story is going to be a great source of encouragement for me, Steve. Thanks!

·
Registered
6,404 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
chevman57 said:
Now we want to see the post where you got to drive it around the block,Mike. And not next year, SOON.
Terry.
That's exactly the kind of peer pressure I need! :)

I'm getting it from the wife, too! She asks me everyday when we're going to take a ride in the 57...soon, I tell her, soon! :D

·
Registered
6,404 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I went to the DMV today to take the big step and found out I need more paperwork! No problem, but just a short set back....as soon as I get the info together, it's back to the DMV with me....should be either tomorrow or Friday.

·
Registered
6,404 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
My next step will be to get the 1957 Florida plate that I bought off of ebay last year approved by the Florida DMV so I can use it on my car -- now, that'll be cool!

·
Registered
181 Posts
Yeah! I have heard that is legal in Arkansas too. Is it standard practice in all states that you can use a license plate from the manufacture year of the vehicle.

Steve

·
Registered
6,404 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Temporary set back -- got the VIN affidavit requirement taken care of, then had to go out of town on Fri. so I didn't get back to the DMV. I'm also waiting to see if the seller (car dealer) is going to send me a correct bill of sale showing how much of the selling price was for sales tax so I can get a credit for it here in Fla. I paid a flat amount for the car, but he's a used car dealer so he has to pay sales tax on the sale. I'm hoping he gets back to me soon so I can finish this process. In the mean time I need to make a short list of things that must be done in order for it to be road-ready....

·
Administrator
49,370 Posts
Mike i work a lot better if i have a list of stuff to do, that way i can do an item, mark it off and then go to the next one. Hope you get it all straightened out easily and soon. I`m in the process of trying to get a title on a 56 4dr wagon that i`ve had for around 16-18 years.
Terry

·
Registered
6,404 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
If I don't have a list, at least mentally, I can't seem to finish anything! I need to organize my thoughts and make a list of NEEDS, some of which require work and others require mostly just ordering stuff and putting them on!

·
Registered
6,404 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
My list of things to do has taken priority and I still haven't gotten the beast registered. Right now it sits in the garage with the water pump removed, the transmission linkage removed, and is up on jack stands with the front wheels and drums removed waiting for a brake job! Looks like I have a couple weekends worth of work to do, but I'm getting there!

·
Registered
6,404 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
It's now Friday evening and I didn't get to NAPA this week to get my parts. I'll run over there tomorrow. Sure hope the parts are sitting there waiting for me!

·
Registered
72 Posts
Thats the excuse I use, got it licensed and insured so I can't let it have to much down time. Took me a month to change out a tired 427 and switch to a crusin 350-4 bolt main. I am getting pretty old, used to be a weekend project...lol..I also did the disc brake conversion and did a steering gear change, so it got a little more involved than I had counted on. Love those new brake's, I almost lost my 55 a couple of times with those old stock shoe's up front. Good luck with the 57 and enjoy

·
Registered
6,404 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Got my parts, now I need to get out there and put 'em on! That should be the easy part, but there's always something....

·
Administrator
1957 Bel Air sport sedan
8,847 Posts
Get any parts put on yet? Remember, no pics, didn't happen :D

1 - 20 of 29 Posts