Chevy Tri Five Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
535 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i want to change out the old spring and shocks for new taller ones what do you recomend....im gonna use competion enginering shocks in front but i want really tall springs..

·
Registered
19,595 Posts
Front springs from a six banger will make it sit higher in front... I have a friend that has those in his 55 and when he parks it next to my 56 with 2 inch dropped spindles and small front tires you can really tell the difference... Later, Dave

·
Registered
535 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
nah i want like moroso springs or something like that i got 6 cyl spring in there and there old as **** and sag..id rather buy something after market that will make it sit high

·
Premium Member
1956 chevy 210 del rey sedan
14,496 Posts
the moroso springs won't make it sit high. they are designed to make it lift easy when you step on it to transfer the weight to the rear wheels. I use them in my drag cars , they work well but never lift the front end. :party0031:

·
Administrator & Tech Articles
52,788 Posts
63, 409 station wagon springs

·
Registered
227 Posts
Yo man, I've seen your car and I wouldn't call that sagging. I think a fresh set of 6cyl springs and drop the rear an inch or two would be perfect. I don't think you're gonna like the issues that come with the 409 spring install with a smallblock. If you were still runnin a big block, I'd say go with the 409 springs.

·
Registered
9,469 Posts
New springs for 58-64 fullsize chevy with air raised my front end 4''+ over stock with mr.gasket 4'' shock extensional and ball joint spacers...this has been brought up a lot on here, I'm sure more info can be found in old post...

·
Registered
535 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
my problem isnt the height my trouble is the ride it sucks ...

in the front end right now i have the factory springs (old and im sure there sagging)
stock shocks wich im sure are blown i can see oil on them

and to get the front up i used some of them 10 doller pep boys special spring spreaders to raise the front end now the car is so freaking stiff when i hit a bump i feel like the front end is gonna fall off ..

i think the spring spreaders raised the front like 2 inchs ..i have ball joint spacers they were in but they didnt raise the car at all...so i took em out .

so now i want to replace all the worn out stuff ..what should i get ???

i thought i would get moroso drag springs , comp engineiring adjustable shocks ,ball joint spacers ..and it would be good ...

what do you think ?

·
Registered
9,469 Posts
my problem isnt the height my trouble is the ride it sucks ...

in the front end right now i have the factory springs (old and im sure there sagging)
stock shocks wich im sure are blown i can see oil on them

and to get the front up i used some of them 10 doller pep boys special spring spreaders to raise the front end now the car is so freaking stiff when i hit a bump i feel like the front end is gonna fall off ..

i think the spring spreaders raised the front like 2 inchs ..i have ball joint spacers they were in but they didnt raise the car at all...so i took em out .

so now i want to replace all the worn out stuff ..what should i get ???

i thought i would get moroso drag springs , comp engineiring adjustable shocks ,ball joint spacers ..and it would be good ...

what do you think ?
If you want a softer ride you don't want the springs I put in my car...you need a good set of stock v8 springs and some good old monroe-matics from the local parts house and you do "not" need ball joint spacers.....:tu

·
Registered
535 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
ok this is what i want ..i want the front end up in the air without a straight axle...using ball joints spacers and springs but what kinda springs will gimme a lift (drag launch springs will ) ..or what have guys done in the past .

·
Registered
9,469 Posts
ok this is what i want ..i want the front end up in the air without a straight axle...using ball joints spacers and springs but what kinda springs will gimme a lift (drag launch springs will ) ..or what have guys done in the past .
Then like I said in the first post get 59-64 fullsize chevy w/air new coil springs & ball joint spacers with Mr. gasket 4'' shock extensions but it's goin to ride ruff for sure......

·
Registered
535 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
just orderd new highjacker air shocks for the rear of my car, a set of new lakewoods drag shocks, c spacers ,and im going to install the ball joint spacers i have hopefully this will rais the car up just enought and will give me a nice ride ..we will see.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts